On this page we will be breaking down drinking at the best bars in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg. Whether you are looking for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to buy cheaper liquor during drink specials, or just to sing some karaoke hopefully we can assist.
Our first section will cover the best wine and cocktail bars in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg. Up next we will get into breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts.
Then we will mention some of the best drink specials near you so you can hit up the right bars at the right times to do your drinking cheaper. After that we will discuss bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area.
Lastly we will talk about bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music. Towards the end there will even be a local bar map that pins all of the spots from our various lists on it.
And if you want to compare the scene here to others cities around the Southeast you can do so at that link.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Some of the top cocktail and wine bars in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg are:
- Copper Shaker at 1502 E 7th Ave
- M.Bird at 1903 Market St
- Taps Restaurant, Bar & Lounge at 777 N Ashley Dr
- Cru Cellars at 2506 S MacDill Ave
- 10&10 Enotica at 2223 N Westshore Blvd #B217
- The Wine Exchange at 1609 W Snow Ave
- Rox Rooftop Bar at 2545 N Rocky Point Dr
- First Chance Last Chance Bar & Lounge at 1707 N 16th St
- Mandarin Hide at 231 Central Ave N, St Petersburg
- Copper Shaker at 169 1st Ave N, St Petersburg
- No Vacancy at 937 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Saigon Blonde at 265 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Clearwater Wine Bar & Bistro at 482 Poinsettia Ave, Clearwater
- Carmel Kitchen & Wine Bar at 2548 McMullen Booth Rd, Clearwater
- The Stein & Wine at 827 W Bloomingdale Ave, Brandon
- Chateau at 535 13th St W, Bradenton
Copper Shaker is open from 4:30pm to 3am Wednesday through Sunday serving contemporary, innovative, and traditional craft cocktails as well as a variety of craft beers and barrelage spirits alongside an eclectic menu of New American gastropub fare with seasonal and international influences.
Head over to M.Bird for their tropical cocktails, sharable small plates, and breathtaking sunset views.
Taps Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge provides a carefully curated food menu, local craft beers, wine, and cocktails as well as small plates and live music on weekends.
One of the top chef-driven restaurants in town can be found at Cru Cellars and it is open from 12pm on weekdays and from 11am on weekends serving wines and craft beers by the glass as well as appetizers, entrées, cheeses, and desserts.
10&10 Enoteca is open daily at 12pm offering over 30 wines by the glass and 200 wines by the bottle as well as savory dishes and live music.
Over 50 exceptional wines by the glass, an extensive bar menu, and great foods are available every day of the week at The Wine Exchange starting at 11:30am.
Rox Rooftop Bar has a cocktail menu full of unique, artistic, and expertly crafted creations ranging from barrel-smoked old fashioneds to drinks served in rose gold chalices as well as a fine selection of wines and light bites.
An extensive menu of sumptuous cocktail concoctions in addition to a wide selection of local craft beers on tap can be found at First Chance Last Chance Bar and Lounge.
Mandarin Hide has over 450 different spirits including bourbons, whiskeys, Scotch, and unique limited spirits.
Modern, inventive, and classic craft cocktails in your area along with craft beers, barrel aged spirits, and a varied menu of New American gastro pub food are available at Copper Shaker.
No Vacancy carries a fine selection of local draft beers, tropical and tiki cocktails, and giant punch bowls.
You will find flaming tiki totems and sweeping murals as well as a rare menu of cocktails and some of the best liquor specials in Tampa Bay at Saigon Blonde.
Clearwater Wine Bar and Bistro delivers Mexican and Mediterranean cuisine, fine sangria, 50 wines by the glass, and locally brewed craft beers and with happy hours from 5pm to 7pm.
Innovative versions of Mediterranean food, worldwide wines, and house infused cocktails are offered at Carmel Kitchen who provides alcoholic drink specials seven days a week.
More than 100 bottled beers, 40 rotating craft beers, and over 35 wines are available in Brandon at The Stein and Vine.
Château 13 serves European inspired food, international wines, and great beers in Bradenton.
Tampa Bay & St Petersburg Breweries & Sports Bars
Sample new suds and watch the big game with your friends at the best local breweries and sports bars:
- Hattricks at 107 S Franklin St
- Bilmar Station at 8501 W Hillsborough Ave
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company at 1600 E 8th Ave
- Pour House at 1208 E Kennedy #112
- Ybor City Tap House at 1600 East 7th Ave
- Paddy Wagon Irish Pub at 2711 University Square Dr
- The Brass Tap at 10047 N Dale Mabry Hwy
- BarrieHaus Beer Co at 1403 E 5th Ave
- Pinellas Ale Works Brewery at 1962 1st Ave S, St Petersburg
- Green Bench Brewing at 1133 Baum Ave N, St Petersburg
- Dissent Craft Brewing at 5518 Haines Rd N, St Petersburg
- St Pete Brewing at 544 1st Ave N, St Petersburg
- Ferg’s Sports Bar & Grill at 1320 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Toucans Sports Bar at 431 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater
- Overtime Sports Bar at 1969 Sunset Point Rd, Clearwater
- Rookies Sports Bar & Grill at 3095 Anderson Snow Rd, Spring Hill
- Paddy Wagon Irish Pub at 1911 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon
- Motorways Brewing at 1014 9th St W, Bradenton
- Lost Kangaroo Pub at 406 12th St W, Bradenton
Widescreen HD TV’s and a state of the art surround system where you can watch your favorite sports can be found at Hattricks along with a fine selection of craft and local beers.
Over 100 different craft, foreign, and domestic beers as well as 18 flat screen TV’s for all your favorite sports are featured at Bilmar Station.
Tampa Bay Brewing Company opens at 11am every day featuring a 10BBL brewhouse, 24 constantly rotating taps, a full service kitchen specializing in beer infused food, and a large outdoor patio and bar.
There are 40 different ice cold brews on tap and a welcoming atmosphere at Pour House.
You can also visit The Ybor City Tap House for their upscale craft beers on tap with 65 different types, over 100 different imports, local craft beers, spirits, kitchen, and wine.
Paddy Wagon Irish Pub is open daily from 12pm to 2am providing full service liquor, craft beers, and wine selections.
Over 150 craft beers from around the world, daily drink specials, live music, and unique events in addition to a delightful food menu ranging from salty to tangy to sweet are featured at The Brass Tap.
BarrieHaus Beer Company opens at 3pm on weekdays and 12pm on weekends serving unique craft lagers and ales as well as red, white, and Prosecco options and hot Bavarian pretzels.
Pinellas Ale Works is an award winning brewery, tap bar, and beer garden near you that features more than 40 taps as well as nitro and cask beer.
Since 2013 Green Bench Brewing Company has been specializing in IPA’s, lagers, and Belgian style beers.
Ferg’s Sports Bar and Grill has 90 TV’s that broadcast all sporting events as well as craft beers, signature burgers, delicious wings, and live music.
Fresh seafood, ice cold beers, and some of the best cocktails on the beach are featured at Toucans Sports Bar in Clearwater along with TV’s and projectors for all sporting events as well as DJ’s and dance parties.
You can watch all of the big games at Overtime Sports Bar which also offers beer discounts and karaoke nights every weekend at 9pm.
Rookies Sports Bar in Spring Hill has a superb assortment of handmade food and amazing drinks as well as plenty of TV’s broadcasting sporting events.
There are 15 TV’s at Paddy Wagon Irish Pub in Brandon that you can enjoy with a nice selection of liquors, craft beers, and wines.
Since 2014 Motorways Brewing has been featuring 30 beers on draught, liquors, extensive wines, and a rotating batch of seasonal and specialty brews.
Lost Kangaroo Pub is a dog and family friendly tavern offering craft beers and many TV’s making it like a sports bar in Bradenton.
Local Drink Specials
Visit these bars with drink specials near you to buy cheaper alcohol and your wallet will thank you:
- Social House at 6310 N Florida Ave
- The Soho Backyard at 610 S Armenia Ave
- American Social at 601 S Harbour Island Blvd #107
- The Patio Tampa at 421 S MacDill Ave
- Five Bucks Drinkey at 247 Central Ave N, St Petersburg
- The Oyster Bar at 249 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- The Shipwreck at 647 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater
- The Loaded Barrel Tavern at 450 12th St W, Bradenton
Alcoholic drinks are cheaper from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays at Social House.
You can get half priced drinks near you from 4pm to 6pm on weekdays along with tapas, flatbreads, and more at The Soho Backyard.
American Social is a sports bar and restaurant offering local drink specials five days a week from 4pm to 7pm as well as 50% off bottled wines every Wednesday.
The Patio Tampa provides discounts on beers and liquors in addition to offering 14 crafts that are chosen by their in house beer specialist.
Five Bucks Drinkey is open from 11:30am to 3am Monday through Sunday and has the one of the largest outdoor patio in town where they serve a wide variety of drinks, spirits, cocktails, and appetizers with good daily drink specials in St Petersbrug.
Cocktails, spirits, oysters, and other more are available at The Oyster Bar who has alcoholic drink and appetizer specials every Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm.
Drink discounts in Clearwater are available from 1pm to 3am at The Shipwreck.
The Loaded Barrel Tavern is one of the go to spots for artisan beers, liquors, and great happy hours in Bradenton from 12pm to 7pm.
Plenty of other bars have drink specials around town and we have done our best to point that out in different sections so don’t just focus on this one.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Here is a good list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights in your area:
- Peabody’s Billiard & Games at 15333 Amberly Dr
- Shuffle at 2612 N Tampa St
- Caddy’s at 801 Riverside Dr E, Bradenton
- Clansy’s Sports Bar & Grill at 6218 Cortez Rd W, Bradenton
There is bar trivia on Thursday nights as well as billiards and other games at Peabody’s.
Shuffle is an indoor shuffleboard bar and restaurant with 4 regulation size courts, a rotating draft selection, and trivia on Saturday nights starting at 6pm.
Bar quiz nights are hosted on Wednesday at Caddy’s starting at 6:30pm.
Clancy’s Sports Bar and Grill is one of Bradenton’s largest tiki bars with live music, karaoke, cocktails, and live bingo evenings starting at 6pm.
Dance, Karaoke & Live Music
Anyone that wants to dance, listen to live music, and sing karaoke can head to:
- Double Decker at 1721 E 7th Ave
- Pete’s Place South at 4145 Henderson Blvd
- MacDinton’s Irish Pub at 405 S Howard Ave
- Gaspar’s Grotto at 1805 E 7th Ave
- The Castle at 2004 N 16th St
- Ruby’s Elixir at 15 3rd St N, St Petersburg
- The Floridian Social at 687 Central Ave N, St Petersburg
- The Ale & The Witch at 111 2nd Ave NE, St Petersburg
- C’s Paninis & Spirits at 12570 Spring Hill Dr, Spring Hill
- Aqua Bar & Grill at 1365 Kass Cir, Spring Hill
Double Decker offers great beers, karaoke, DJ’s, and event nights.
Weekly live music, karaoke, live sports, and dart boards are all provided at Pete’s Place South.
MacDinton’s Irish Pub is known for its drink specials and beer deals in Tampa Bay along with live music and TV’s tuned to sports.
Gaspar’s Grotto has two sun drenched outdoor patios where live music in your area can be enjoyed.
The Castle’s music ranges from new wave to pop to goth and more.
Live jazz, blues, and rock music are hosted seven days a week at Ruby’s Elixir.
The Floridian Social has live music in St Petersburg Thursday through Sunday as well as a private room for events.
The Ale & The Witch is open from 3pm to 12am Monday through Sunday and feature live music every night with free entry.
Monthly live bands and weekly bar karaoke in Spring Hill are offered at C’s Paninis and Spirits which is open from 8am to 2am daily.
Aqua Bar and Grill is open every day from 11am to 2am and hosts DJ’s on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
Other good bars near you for music lovers include Whiskey Wings, Ferg’s Sports Bar, Toucans Sports Bar, Overtime Sports Bar, Taps, 10&10 Enoteca, The Brass Tap, and Clancy’s Sports Bar who we have linked you to in other sections.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- The Best Bars In Miami & Ft Lauderdale
- The Best Bars In Orlando
- The Best Bars In Cape Coral & Ft Myers
- The Best Bars In Jacksonville
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
After reading all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available near you. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke in your area.
If you think we got anything incorrect or notice us listing any venues that are no longer open please tell us in the comments so we can keep this info as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg.