In this post we will be breaking down drinking at the best bars in Atlanta. Whether you are looking for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to buy cheaper liquor during drink specials, or just to sing some karaoke hopefully we can assist.
Our first section will cover the best wine and cocktail bars in Atlanta. Up next we will get into breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts.
Then we will mention some of the best drink specials near you so you can hit up the right bars at the right times to do your drinking cheaper. After that we will discuss bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area.
Lastly we will talk about bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music. Towards the end there will even be a local bar map that pins all of the spots from our various lists on it.
And if you want to compare the scene here to others around the Southeast you can do so at that link.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Some of the top cocktail and wine bars in Atlanta are:
- The Southern Gentleman at 3035 Peachtree Rd NE #140
- Little Trouble at 1170 Howell Mill Rd
- Ticonderoga Club at 99 Krog St NE W
- 12 Cocktail Bar at 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
- Parlor at 249-A Peters St SW
- Biltong Bar at Ponce City Market, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #152
- Barcelona Wine Bar at 240 N Highland Ave NE
- Under The Cork Tree at 5600 Roswell Rd NE #2, Sandy Springs
- Kaiser’s Chophouse at 5975 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Pinkies Up Beer & Wine at 30 E Crossville Rd #180, Roswell
- Vin25 at 25 Plum Tree St, Rosewell
- The S.O.S. Tiki Bar at 340 Church St, Decatur
- Leon’s Full Service at 131 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur
- The Third Door at 131 Church St, Marietta
- Shezmu Cellars Winery & Taproom at 2680 Cobb Pkwy NW #F, Kennesaw
- Stone’s Cuisine & Cocktails at 3719 Old Alabama Rd, Johns Creek
The Southern Gentleman is a sleek new American-meets-Southern restaurant offering creative cocktails in your area along with locally produced seasonal food and alcoholic drink specials from 4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday.
Inventive cocktails and Asian street cuisine are served in an industrial aesthetic setting at Little Trouble.
Ticonderoga Club is a colonial style pub serving seafood, sandwiches, and handmade drinks.
12 Cocktail Bar excels at providing customizable rare spirits and handmade cocktails while Parlor serves creative cocktails and light nibbles in an intimate atmosphere.
You can get handmade cocktails, delicious dried beers, and South African dishes at Biltong Bar.
Spanish shareable meals and an extensive wine selection as well as a wraparound patio are available at Barcelona Wine Bar.
Under The Cork Tree offers classic Northern Mediterranean cuisines, tapas, and wines along with live music in Sandy Springs.
In addition to hosting live music Kaiser’s Chophouse serves wines, cocktails, prime cuts of meat, and steakhouse dishes with global influences.
Pinkies Up Beer and Wine is a family and dog friendly wine bar and beer garden in Roswell providing boutique wines and craft beers from around the world for sale and tastings.
A full bar and a large selection of fine wines as well as seasonal cuisine are all available at Vin25 in Rosewell.
Leon’s has a full service patio seating and a huge back deck as well as innovative American food, cocktails, beers, and wines in Decatur.
The Third Door is a craft cocktail club, private event room, and live music venue in Marietta.
Shezmu Cellars Winery and Taproom makes local honey wines and offers 30 taps of craft beer and over 25 wines from North Georgia and even hosts frequent live music and comedy shows.
Cocktails, fine wines, and beers are served at Stone’s Cuisine and Cocktails.
Atlanta Breweries & Sports Bars
Sample new suds and watch the big game with your friends at the best local breweries and sports bars:
- Wild Heaven West End Brewery & Gardens at 1010 White St SW
- Sweetwater Brewing Company at 195 Ottley Dr NE
- The Ivy at 3717 Roswell Rd
- Clay’s Sports Cafe at 5975 Roswell Rd D 245
- Stats Brewpub at 300 Marietta St NW #101
- Hampton & Hudson at 299 N Highland Ave NE
- The Midway Pub at 552 Flat Shoals Ave SE
- North River Tavern at 8879 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Battle & Brew at 5920 Roswell Rd A120, Sandy Springs
- From the Earth Brewing Company at 1570 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Roswell
- Mazzy’s Sports Bar & Grill at 10729 Alpharetta Hwy #1424, Roswell
- Madhouse Sports Bar & Grill at 5280 Old National Hwy, College Park
- Twain’s Brewpub & Billiards at 211 E Trinity Pl, Decatur
- Sceptre Brewing Arts at 630 East Lake Dr #e, Decatur
- Johnnie MacCracken’s at 15 Atlanta St SE, Marietta
- Monticello ATL at 2000 Powers Ferry Rd 2nd Fl, Marietta
- Wild Heaven Beer at 135B Maple St, Avondale Estates
Wild Heaven West End Brewery and Garden sells a wide variety of beers brewed near you and many more products from 11am to 9pm on Friday and Saturday and until 8pm on Sunday.
SweetWater is an artisan brewery with a taproom and kitchen that is open at 11:30am providing a wide assortment of heady beers including their very own 420 extra pale ale.
The Ivy is a bustling lounge in a stately mansion with 28 flat screens and a giant outdoor 300 inch TV for sporting events that serves tasty brunch along with endless mimosas.
You can enjoy draft beers and traditional American fare while watching the game on multiple TV’s seven days a week from 11am to 9:30pm at Clay’s which is one of the best sports bars in Atlanta.
High definition TV’s for all sporting events, built in beers on tap, pub fare, and much more are available at Stat Brewpub from 4pm to 10pm Wednesday through Friday and from 11am on Saturday and Sunday.
Hampton and Hudson is a modern gastro pub with lots of TV’s that serves innovative American meals and beverages in a trendy friendly setting.
The Midway Pub is one of the best spots to go for a wide selection of beers in your area that also offers sporting events on TV and a spacious patio.
North River Tavern has one of the best selections of beer and delicious food in Sandy Springs plus they also feature major sporting events on TV’s, team trivia, bar game tournaments, and DJ’s.
Trivia nights, e sports, and a variety of other events can be found at Battle and Brew.
From the Earth Brewing Company in Roswell has a chef driven menu, handcrafted brews, seasonal innovative cocktails, a comprehensive wine by the glass list, live music, and excellent beers.
You can find top of the line HD widescreen TV’s throughout the entire space as well as choose from a list of beer, cocktails, and spirits at Mazzy’s Sports Bar and Grill.
Madhouse is a family owned sports bar in College Park with over 20 widescreen televisions showcasing all athletic events plus they offer hookahs, drinks, and food specials.
Beers, handmade cocktails, and made from scratch pub cuisine are served at Twain’s Brewpub and Billiards which also hosts trivia nights and other events.
Sceptre Brewing Arts is a new local brewery, restaurant, and beer garden providing delicious cuisine as well as a wide range of freshly brewed beers made with 100% locally sourced Southern craft malt.
You can choose from an extensive list of beers, authentic Irish cuisine, and more at Johnnie MacCracken’s Celtic which also features live performances by some of the greatest local musicians.
Monticello ATL in Marietta features over 15 TV’s for sporting events, comedians and DJ’s, games and live entertainment, fantastic cuisine, and beverages.
You can get European influenced beers made with American innovation including Emergency Drinking Beer, ATL Easy Ale, and Sunburst IPA at Wild Heaven Beer in Avondale Estates.
Local Drink Specials
Visit these bars with drink specials near you to buy cheaper alcohol and your wallet will thank you:
- Tin Lizzy’s Taco Americana at 77 12th St NE
- Red Pepper Taqueria at 2149 Briarcliff Rd NE
- LLoyd’s Restaurant & Lounge at 900 DeKalb Ave NE
- The Optimist at 914 Howell Mill Rd
- Industry Tavern at 3280 Peachtree Rd NE #187
- Hudson Grille at 6317 Roswell Rd NE, Sandy Springs
- Loyal Tavern at 950 Canton St, Roswell
- Nouveau Bar & Grill at 3775 Main St, College Park
- Red Pepper Taqueria at 705 Town Blvd Q310, Brookhaven
There is live music, tacos, margarita pitchers, and amazing liquor specials at Tin Lizzy’s seven days a week from 11am to 11pm.
Over 100 tequilas, draft beers, tacos, and some of the best alcoholic drink specials near you from 4pm to 6pm on weekdays and 11am to 3pm on weekends are available at Red Pepper Taqueira.
LLoyd’s Restaurant and Lounge is a laid-back pizzeria with booths and a retro feel that serves cocktails, beer, and snacks and has happy hours from 5pm to 7pm on weekdays. They are open from 5pm to 11pm Monday through Thursday and 5pm to 12am on Friday and Saturday.
The Optimist provides beers, wines, and handcrafted cocktails alongside hickory-roasted fish and raw oysters as well as local liquor specials from 5pm to 6pm on weekdays and 3pm to 5pm on weekends.
Industry Tavern is a laid-back establishment with warehouse-style fixtures that serves modern pub fare, beers, and sports on TV as well as weekly drink specials.
Hudson Grille is a fun sports bar in in Sandy Springs that is open every day from 11am to 12am providing delicious meals and a large draft selection as well as daily drink specials.
There are plenty of televisions, upmarket tavern style meals, beers, wines, and handcrafted cocktails as well as drink specials at Loyal Tavern in Roswell which is open from 11:30am to 10pm on most days and until 12am on Friday and Saturday.
You can find lots of TV’s as well as choose from a menu of delicious food and drinks at Nouveau Bar and Grill where they also offer happy hours in College Park from 3pm to 7pm Tuesday through Friday.
Daily drinks specials in Brookhaven as well as Mexican fare and one of a kind margaritas are provided from 11am to 2am on most days and until 12am on Sunday at Red Pepper Taqueria.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Here is a good list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights in your area:
- Fadó Irish Pub at 273 Buckhead Ave NE
- Smith’s Olde Bar at 1578 Piedmont Ave NE
- Little 5 Corner Tavern at 1174 Euclid Ave NE
- The Family Dog at 1402 N Highland Ave NE
- The Rusty Nail Pub at 2900 Buford Hwy NE
- Eleventh Street Pub at 1041 W Peachtree St NW
- The Ship & Anchor Pub at 5975 Roswell Rd NE, Sandy Springs
- Lucky’s Burger & Brew at 1144 Alpharetta St, Roswell
- Brake Pad at 3403 Main St, College Park
- The Imperial at 726 W College Ave, Decatur
- WR Social House at 25 N Park Square, Marietta
- The Lost Druid Brewery at 2866 Washington St, Avondale Estates
- Six Bridges Brewing at 11455 Lakefield Dr # 300, Johns Creek
Atlanta bar quiz nights every Wednesday, soccer games on TV, and tasty foode are all available at Fado Irish Pub.
Trivia in your area is hosted every Thursday starting at 7:30pm as well as music and dance nights at Smith’s Olde Bar where pool tables and delicious American fare are also provided.
Comfort cuisine, beers, inventive drinks, and game nights with prizes are offered at Little 5 Corner Tavern.
The Family Dog is a laid back outpost hosting game nights starting at 7:30pm plus they offer Southern takes on bar meals, large beer selections, and other unique drinks.
Game nights on Monday and local bar trivia on Tuesday nights are hosted at The Rusty Nail Pub in addition to drink specials, burgers, barbecues, and plenty more.
Wings, burgers, and sandwiches are offered along with trivia and sporting events on TV’s at Eleventh Street Pub.
There’s bar trivia in Sandy Springs every Thursday night at 9pm, bingo every Wednesday at 10pm, and themed dance parties every Saturday at 9pm at The Ship and Anchor Pub.
Trivia is hosted on Wednesday nights at 7:30pm and music bingo on Monday nights starting at 7pm at Lucky’s Burger and Brew as well as regular live music.
Brake Bad is a local favorite for bar trivia nights with a big patio and a wonderful ambiance that is open from 11am to 12am on most days and until 1am on Friday and Saturday.
On Monday nights The Imperial holds trivia and wings plus they also have great Taco Tuesdays.
WR Social House serves unique food, craft cocktails, and local craft beers in addition to hosting trivia nights in Marietta every Monday at 7pm.
The Lost Druid is a contemporary brewery, distillery, and gastro pub in Avondale Estates holding trivia on Wednesday nights at 7pm and live music on Saturday nights at 7pm.
16 fresh beers on tap, major sporting events on TV’s, live music, and trivia on Tuesday nights at 7pm are all featured at Six Bridges Brewing.
You can also try the trivia or games at North River Tavern, Battle and Brew, Twain’s Brewpub, and The Place Bar we mentioned elsewhere.
Dance, Karaoke & Live Music
Anyone that wants to dance, listen to live music, and sing karaoke can head to:
- The Star Community Bar at 437 Moreland Ave NE
- Ten Atl at 495 Flat Shoals Ave SE
- Blind Willie’s at 828 N Highland Ave NE
- 10 High Club at 816 North Highland Ave NE
- Sister Louisa’s at 466 Edgewood Ave SE
- Moondogs at 3179 Peachtree Rd NE
- Koo Koo Room at 1140 Crescent Ave NE
- Rock N Taco Roswell at 928 Canton St, Roswell
- Jamerican Bar & Grill at 4847 Old National Hwy, College Park
- Eddie’s Attic at 515 N McDonough St, Decatur
- The Place Bar at 700 Sandy Plains Rd, Marietta
- 37 Main at 106 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates
The Star Community Bar is open from 5pm to 2:30am on weekdays and from 3pm on weekends hosting live music, dance parties, and comedy shows in an ancient bank with a basement bar, terrace, and a vault holding an Elvis shrine.
Ten Atl is a cocktail club and music venue with DJ’s, live bands, jam sessions, and hookahs. You can listen to blues music from around the country including music from local artists at Blind Willie’s.
Live band karaoke as well as local and regional bands perform at 10 High Club on some evenings. Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room and Ping Pong Emporium offers picnic style food and church organ karaoke from 5pm to 3am on weekdays and until 12am on Sunday.
Moondogs features fun activities such as pool, beer pong, and some of the most fun bar karaoke near you from 8pm to 3am on Wednesday and Thursday and from 9pm on Friday and Saturday. Koo Koo Room has mood lighting, bottle service, and DJ’s music ranging from mellow to club.
You can listen to live music three nights a week featuring top talents from all around the Southeast at Rock N Taco Roswell which also serve unique beverages and Mexican food from 11am to 11pm on most days and until 2am on Friday and Saturday.
College Park bar araoke nights are hosted every Monday at Jamerican Bar and Grill.
For over 25 years Eddie’s Attic has been providing a comprehensive food list, keg and bottled beers, and sophisticated wines in addition to hosting open mic on Monday nights as well as live music in Decatur every night throughout the week.
From 11am to 2am on most days, until 3am on Friday and Saturday, and 12am on Sunday The Place Bar in Marietta provides live music, dancing, sports, trivia, gaming, and much more.
Other places mentioned throughout the post offering dance, karaoke, or live music in your area include Tin Lizzy’s, Smith’s Olde Bar Under The Cork Tree, Kaiser’s Chophouse, Shezmu Cellars, The Third Door, From the Earth Brewing Company, Johnnie MacCracken’s Celtic, and Lucky’s.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Atlanta
After reading all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available near you. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke in your area.
If you think we got anything incorrect or notice us listing any venues that are no longer open please tell us in the comments so we can keep this info as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Atlanta.