Drinking at the best bars in Houston is going to be covered in full detail as this post goes along. Some may be searching for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to save money on liquor during local drink special times, or maybe to sing karaoke and either way you should have a much better understanding of the scene soon.
We will kick this baby off with the best wine and cocktail bars in Houston. Breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool or throw some darts will get our second section.
The best drink specials at bars near you with cheaper alcohol will come next before we pivot to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area. Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will garner our final section.
Expect to find a local bar map with all these spots pinned on it so you can have a better feel for what venues are closest to your current area at the moment. This Midwest region is one that we have written about many times in the past if you are interested in reading more.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
The best cocktail and wine bars in Houston might just be:
- Anvil Bar & Refuge at 1424 Westheimer Rd
- Lei Low at 6412 N Main St
- Woosters Garden at 3315 Milam St
- Boheme at 307 Fairview St
- Cellar7 at 610 Main St #A
- CRÚ Food & Wine Bar at 2800 Kirby Dr B-130
- Light Years at 1304 W Alabama St
- Refuge Bar at 24 Waterway Ave #110, The Woodlands
- 202 Main at 202 N Main St, Conroe
- Cheers Pub at 502 N Friendswood Dr, Friendswood
- Republic House at 7219 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena
- Vino & Vinyl at 15977 City Walk, Sugar Land
- Jubranos Lounge at 550 Katy Fort Bend Rd #100, Katy
We bet you will be satisfied if you try some of Anvil Bar and Refuge’s 100 favorite classics as well as one of their 8 originals which are available seven days a week from 4pm to 2am.
Lei Low is open from 4pm to 2am Tuesday through Sunday.
Woosters Garden allows you to choose from over 43 house cocktails and pay only half the usual price from 4pm to 2am on weekdays.
Wines, cocktails, and thin crust pizzas as well as some of the best alcoholic drink specials in your area on weekdays are available at Boheme.
Cellar7’s is open from 11am to 9pm Sunday through Tuesday and until 10pm Wednesday through Saturday providing wine and bubbles, cocktails, and happy hours.
CRÚ Food and Wine Bar offers over 300 wine selections and 40 premium wines by the glass as well as taster pairings and wine flights plus they have drink specials from 5pm to 6:30pm on weekdays.
Cocktails and wines are served until 12am at Light Years.
Refuge Bar serves a wide variety of cocktails in The Woodlands from 4pm to 11pm Tuesday through Thursday and until 1am on Friday and Saturday in addition to being well known for their signature rockin Morrocan meatballs.
Gourmet fare and handcrafted dishes are 202 Main’s specialties which are available from 5pm to 10pm on Monday and Wednesday, until 12am Thursday through Saturday, and 12pm to 5pm on Sunday.
Cheers Pub in Friendswood is open at 4am while Republic House is open from 3am to 2am on weekdays and from 12pm on weekends providing craft beers and delicious cocktails in Pasadena along with sports on 4 widescreen TV’s.
Vino and Vinyl represents fine-wine-producing countries with a focus on regional artisan wines from California plus they offer a quarter discount on bottles and drink specials in Sugar Land from 4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Thursday and from 3pm on Friday and Saturday.
Local drink specials are available from 4pm to 9pm Wednesday through Sunday at Jubranos Lounge.
Houston Breweries & Sports Bars
Watch the big game with your friends and sample new flavors of beers at the best breweries and sports bars in your area:
- 8th Wonder Brewery at 202 Dallas St
- Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co at 2101 Summer St
- Brash Brewing at 508 W Crosstimbers St
- Under the Radar Brewery at 1506 Truxillo St
- On The Kirb at 5004 Kirby Dr
- Revelry On Richmond at 1613 Richmond Ave
- Jakes Sports Bar at 2944 Chimney Rock Rd
- Pacific Yard at 101 Metcalf St, Conroe
- Timeout at 3338 FM 528 Rd, Friendswood
- Brigadoon Brewery at 5041 Spencer Hwy #703, Pasadena
- Pennison’s at 2446 Settlers Way Blvd, Sugar Land
- No Label Brewing at 5351 1st St, Katy
8th Wonder Brewery features a taproom with Astros baseball team memorabilia, picnic tables in the backyard, and live music from 12pm to 10pm Monday through Saturday and until 8pm on Sunday.
Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co is open from 11am to 12am daily. You can buy beers near you for only three dollars at Brash Brewing all day on Monday.
Over 10 to 15 beers and kombucha on tap are provided along with Cornhole, Bocce ball, giant Jenga, board games, and sports on 7 TV’s at Under the Radar Brewery.
On The Kirb offers 12 different tap, craft, and bottled beers as well as drink specials from 4pm to 7pm in addition to being well known for their authentic Neapolitan Italian pizzas.
There are 29 available draft beers as well as sweet outdoor patios and sports on TV at Revelry On Richmond plus they have local happy hours from 3pm to 7pm and again from 10pm to 12am Monday through Thursday and 3pm to 9pm on Friday.
You can watch all the big games on one of Jakes Sports Bar’s widescreen TV’s while choosing from over 50 beer and wine options and delicious foods from 11am to 2am on weekdays. They also offer discounts on alcoholic drinks from 4pm to 7pm.
Over 30 beers on tap as well as happy hours in Conroe are available from 11am to 9pm on weekdays at Pacific Yard.
There’s always time to play pool or shuffleboard while keeping an eye on the scoreboard at Timeout who is open seven days a week from 11am to 2am plus they provide liquor specials in Friendswood from 11am to 7pm on weekdays.
Pennisons Sports Bar in Sugarland has 6 beers on tap and over 20 flat screens with the NFL Package and Comcast SportsNet making it the ideal place to watch any sport, any team, at any time and you can visit them every day from 11am to 2am and get discounts on drinks from 11am to 7pm on weekdays.
Local Drink Specials
Save some money buying cheaper alcohol at these bars with drink specials near you:
- Pistolero’s at 1517 Westheimer Rd
- NettBar at 4504 Nett St
- Three Sheets Bar & Grill at 1900 S Kirkwood Rd #G
- Upstairs at 2356 Rice Blvd 2nd Fl
- Present Company at 1318 Westheimer Rd
- Local Pour at 900 Hughes Landing Blvd #350, The Woodlands
- 242 Pub at 8540 TX-242, Conroe
- Friends Pub at 2407 W Parkwood Ave #115, Friendswood
- BreWingZ at 5007 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena
- Bar Louie at 16089 City Walk, Sugar Land
- Scholars & Scoundrels at 1251 Pin Oak Rd #141, Katy
Pistolero’s is open from 4pm to 2am on weekdays and from 12pm on weekends offering some of the best daily drink specials in Houston until 8pm.
You can get discounts on liquor from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays at NettBar.
Three Sheets Bar and Grill provides happy hours from 5pm to 7pm on weekdays. Upstairs’ drink specials are available every day from 4pm to 7pm.
Alcoholic drinks are cheaper from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays at Present Company.
Every day from 4pm to 7pm Local Pour offers discounts on drinks in the Woodlands.
Drink specials in your area are also available from 11am to 7pm on weekdays at 242 Pub.
BreWingZ is open seven days a week from 11am to 11pm Sunday through Thursday and until 12am on Friday and Saturday offering discounts on beer in Pasadena from 11am to 7pm.
You can also buy cheaper drinks from 11am to 2am at Bar Louie.
Creative pub grub, cocktails, sports on TV’s, and happy hours in Katy are available every day at Scholars and Scoundrels.
We have done our best to mention all of the options to drink liquor for cheaper prices at bars around Houston throughout the post so you don’t only need to focus on this section if you want to save some money.
Trivia, Quiz, & Game Nights
There are plenty of bars with local trivia, quiz, and game nights:
- Darwin’s Pub at 33 Waugh Dr
- The Maple Leaf Pub at 514 Elgin St
- Willy’s Pub at 6100 Main St
- Griff’s at 3416 Roseland St
- Porch Swing Pub at 69 Heights Blvd
- Ronny G’s at 1027 Sawdust Rd #400, The Woodlands
- Maverick Saloon at 2017 N Frazier St, Conroe
- Center Court at 2111 W Parkwood Ave #117, Friendswood
- Little Tokyo at 6737 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena
- Gridiron Bar at 4524 Hwy 6, Sugar Land
- EinStein’s Pub at 873 Mason Rd #360, Katy
Darwin’s Pub serves drafts that were brewed near you and casual eats in a laid back bar with street art décor and retro games and offer drink specials from 3pm to 7pm.
15 taps that are constantly changing for seasonal offerings including Molson Canadian and a strong focus on local beers are available at The Maple Leaf Pub. Their Houston bar quiz begins at 8pm with prizes and free beers plus they have hockey nights every Saturday.
Willy’s Pub offers drink specials from 4pm to 9pm on Monday, from 7pm on Wednesday and Thursday, and until 6pm on Friday.
Griff’s has a fun bar trivia in your area that begins at 8pm every Thursday and they have drink specials from 11pm to 7pm.
Trivia on Wednesday nights and drink specials from 11am to 7pm on weekdays are provided at Porch Swing Pub.
Ronny G’s offers local drink specials from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays.
Maverick Salon is open from 11am to 2am Monday through Saturday and from 12pm on Sunday.
Gridiron Bar features sports on TV, delicious food, and daily drink specials.
You can get discounts on liquor seven days a week from 11am to 7pm at EinStein’s Pub.
Baker St. Pub from our next list hosts local trivia nights too, while Under the Radar Brewery is another good option for games.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
These bars are great for dancing, live music, and karaoke:
- Boondocks at 1417 Westheimer Rd #B
- Johnny B’s Outlaw Saloon at 12712 Woodforest Blvd
- Glitter Karaoke at 2621 Milam St
- Four Seasons Lounge at 12000 Bellaire Blvd #108
- Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar at 1201 Fannin St #310
- Baker St. Pub at 25 Waterway Ave, The Woodlands
- Backwoods Saloon at 230 Lexington Ct, Conroe
- Winters at 6915 Spencer Hwy #103, Pasadena
- Sing Along Karaoke at 11929 University Blvd #2B, Sugar Land
- Jubranos Lounge at 550 Katy Fort Bend Rd #100, Katy
Boondocks hosts Houston bar karaoke on Sunday nights while Johnny B’s Outlaw Saloon hosts karaoke and offers drink specials.
On Friday and Saturday nights Glitter offers karaoke along with delicious meals.
Freshly cooked authentic Vietnamese dishes are served at The Four Seasons Lounge from 4pm to 2am where everything is also featured from private karaoke suites to VIP bottle service.
Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar is a lively neighborhood chain that is open from 7pm to 2am Wednesday through Saturday featuring specialty cocktails, dueling piano shows, and singing waitstaff.
Pianos, drink specials, live music, dart boards, late night entertainment, games, and trivia in The Woodlands as well as American fare for lunch and dinner are all available at Baker St. Pub.
Backwoods Saloon is open throughout the week at 12am except for Monday and Sunday when they are closed.
Winters has a live DJ spinning some of the latest Top 40’s, hip hop, rock, and pop as well as a mix of Latin and Spanish music on Friday and Saturday nights plus they offer drink specials in Pasadena from 5pm to 7pm.
Latin and world music are played by local DJ’s and live bands at Jubranos Lounge in Katy from 9pm to 6am where drink specials are also available from 4pm to 9pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Don’t forget how earlier we mentioned that 8th Wonder Brewery is also a good pub for live music.
We also have written posts on:
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Austin
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In San Antonio
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Dallas & Ft Worth
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In New Orleans
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Houston
Now that you have read all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available in your area. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you.
If you notice us listing any venues that are no longer open or just think we got something wrong please tell us in the comments so this page stays as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Houston.