We are about to give a full break down of what drinking at the best bars in Dallas and Ft Worth is like. Whether you are looking for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to buy cheaper liquor during drink specials, or just to sing some karaoke hopefully we can assist.
Our first section will cover the best wine and cocktail bars in Dallas and Ft Worth. Up next we will get into breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts.
Then we will mention some of the best drink specials near you so you can hit up the right bars at the right times to do your drinking cheaper. After that we will discuss bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area.
Lastly we will talk about local bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music. Towards the end there will even be a map that pins all of the spots from our various lists on it.
For more on the top bars in the Midwest check out that link.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Some of the top cocktail and wine bars in Dallas and Ft Worth are:
- The Rustic at 3656 Howell St
- Parliament at 2418 Allen St
- Thompsons at 900 Houston St
- Hide at 2816 Elm St
- The Standard Pour at 2900 McKinney Ave
- Sixty Vines at 3701 Dallas Pkwy, Plano
- Peppersmash Cocktail Kitchen at 7200 Bishop Rd #B-9, Plano
- Fisherman’s Kitchen at 2936 Lavon Dr #200, Garland
- Bar Louie Music Factory at 360 West Las Colinas Blvd, Irving
- Outlaw Taproom at 4150 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving
An extensive selection of cocktails, mocktails, and wines are provided at The Rustic along with some of the best drink specials in your area that are available from 3pm to 6pm daily. Every day from 5pm to 2am Parliament serves exquisite handcrafted cocktails and offers discounts on drinks from 5pm to 8pm.
Thompsons is open from 3pm to 12am Sunday through Thursday and until 2am on Friday and Saturday offering happy hours on all types of cocktails from 3pm to 8pm daily. HIDE makes cocktails mixers and garnishes from scratch.
The Standard Pour serves cocktails and wines near you from 5pm to 2am on weekdays and from 11am on weekends and even offers drink specials in Dallas from 5pm to 7pm Tuesday through Sunday and all day every Monday.
Sixty Vines offers 60 wines by the glass and 40 wines on tap along with tasty dishes. Half priced wines by the glass and discounts on cocktails in Plano are offered at Peppersmash from 4pm to 7pm on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Red, white, sparkling, and house wines as well as cocktails are served at Fisherman’s Kitchen from 12pm to 10pm Sunday through Thursday and until 11pm on Friday and Saturday where they also have happy hours in Garland from 3pm to 7pm daily.
Bar Louie offers local liquor specials from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays, while wines and craft cocktails are available every day at Outlaw Taproom who offers cheaper drinks from 3pm to 6pm.
Dallas & Ft Worth Breweries & Sports Bars
Sample new suds and watch the big game with your friends at the best local breweries and sports bars:
- Cowtown Brewing Co at 1301 E Belknap St
- Deep Ellum Brewing Company at 2823 St Louis St
- Sports Page at 3300 W Mockingbird Ln
- Martin House Brewing at 220 S Sylvania Ave #209, Fort Worth
- Wild Acre at 1734 E El Paso St #190, Fort Worth
- Upper 90 at 961 W Magnolia Ave, Fort Worth
- Union Bear Brewing Co. at 5880 TX-121 #101, Plano
- Parkway Tavern & Grill at 3645 Dallas Pkwy, Plano
- Bleachers at 3402 Arapaho Rd, Garland
- Lakewood Brewing Company at 2302 Executive Dr, Garland
Cowtown Brewing Co offers 16 different types of beers on tap and even serves drinks in cans and pitchers every day starting at 11am plus they have drink specials on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2pm to 6pm.
Deep Ellum Brewing Company provides 14 different beers on tap five days a week from 11am to 10pm as well as local brewery tours every Sunday starting at 1pm. More than 200 beers on tap as well as a rotating selection of over 140 bottles from around the world are sold at Sports Page Grill every day from 6am to midnight.
You can also tune in to your favorite NFL, MLB, NBA, or NHL on one of their flat screen TV’s with unlimited sports channels as well as get discounts on drinks from 5pm to 7pm.
Martin House Brewing Company offers 6 different types of beers on tap as well as tours, tastings, and live music from 4pm to 9pm Monday through Thursday and from 12pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
24 taps are available from 5pm to 9pm on Thursday and 11am to 6pm on Saturday at Wild Acre. There are flat screen TV’s and two wall sized projectors for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, English Premier League soccer, tennis, boxing, Nascar, and other sports as well as happy hours at Upper 90 which is a great sports bar in Fort Worth.
Union Bear Brewing Co has 26 beers on tap while Parkway Tavern and Grill offers 21 draft and bottled beers every day from 11am to 2am.
Bleachers is a cozy sports bar near you with a jukebox that is open from 11am to 2am daily providing American meals plus you can save money drinking liquor there from 3pm to 7pm.
17 different types of tap beers, small batch craft beer tastings, tours, and live music are available at Lakewood Brewing Company as well as beer specials from 3pm to 6pm Monday through Thursday.
Local Drink Specials
Visit these bars with drink specials near you to buy cheaper alcohol and your wallet will thank you:
- Standard Pour at 2900 McKinney Ave
- Happiest Hour at 2616 Olive St
- T&P Tavern at 221 W Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth
- Flying Saucer at 111 E 3rd St, Fort Worth
- No Frills Grill & Sports Bar at Lincoln Court, 4914 Little Rd, Arlington
- BoomerJack’s Grill & Bar at 522 Lincoln Square, Arlington
- Scruffy Duffies at 5865 Kincaid Rd E8, Plano
- Fish N’ Tails Oyster Bar at 620 Main St, Garland
- The Spirit Grille at 4030 N MacArthur Blvd #112, Irving
- Lamberti’s Ristorante & Wine Bar at 7701 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving
Local drink specials are available at Standard Pour from 5pm to 7pm Tuesday through Sunday and all night every Monday. You can also drink liquor for cheap from 4pm to 7pm Monday through Thursday at Happiest Hour.
Flying Saucer hosts bar trivia, quiz, and game nights in Fort Worth. Happy hours are offered from 3pm to 7pm on weekends at No Frills Grill and Sports Bar. BoomerJack’s Grill and Bar provides drink specials from 2pm to 6pm on weekdays while Scruffy Duffies offers discounts on alcoholic drinks from 3pm to 6pm.
Fish N’ Tails Oyster Bar is open from 11am to 10pm Sunday through Thursday and until 11pm on Friday and Saturday. The Spirit Grille has drink specials in your area from 2pm to 7pm on weekdays while Lamberti’s Ristorante and Wine Bar has them seven days a week from 3pm to 6pm.
Of course there are many other places in this post offering drink specials in the Dallas and Fort Worth metro area and we have tried to mention as many as we could.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Here is a good list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights in your area:
- Nodding Donkey at 2900 Thomas Ave
- Bryan Street Tavern at 4315 Bryan St
- Barley House at 5612 SMU Boulevard
- World of Beer at 3252 W 7th St, Fort Worth
- University Pub at 3019 S University Dr, Fort Worth
- Revolver Brewhouse at 1650 E Randol Mill Rd, Arlington
- Holy Grail Pub at 8240 Preston Rd #150, Plano
Nodding Donkey is open from 11am to 12am daily providing drink specials from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays. Bryan Street Tavern has one of the best bar patios near you and offers 22 craft beers on tap and excellent pizza as well as darts, shuffleboard, pool tables, large HDTV’s, and a massive projector screen.
Barley House hosts trivia nights every Thursday and offers drink specials from 11am to 8pm on weekdays. You can get discounts on drinks from 3pm to 7pm Monday through Wednesday, 11am to 12am on Thursday, and until 7pm on Friday at World of Beer.
University Pub is open seven days a week with happy hours from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays. Arlington bar trivia, quiz, and game nights are available from 2pm to 1pm on Friday and 4am to 10pm on Saturday at Revolver Brewhouse.
Holy Grail Pub hosts trivia in Plano every Wednesday night starting at 8pm and offers drink specials from 3pm to 7pm daily. Don’t forget about Flying Saucer’s trivia, quiz, and game nights from our previous list.
Dance, Karaoke & Live Music
Anyone that wants to dance, listen to live music, and sing karaoke can head to:
- Adair’s at 2624 Commerce St
- Twilite Lounge at 2640 Elm St
- Liquid Zoo at 2506 Knight St
- Lil’ Red’s Longhorn at 121 W Exchange Ave, Fort Worth
- White Elephant at 106 E Exchange Ave, Fort Worth
- G. Willickers Pub at 310 109th St, Arlington
- ll Brothers Grill & Bar at 8308 Preston Rd #198, Plano
- Pete’s Burgers, Wings & Drinks at 695 Town Square Blvd, Garland
- Mama Tried Irving at 340 West Las Colinas Boulevard, Irving
You can listen to live music every night as well as get discounts on drinks at Adair’s. Live music and deep cut bar karaoke nights in Dallas are hosted at Twilite Lounge every Thursday starting at 10pm.
Liquid Zoo is open every day from 11am to 2am. Lil’ Red’s Longhorn Saloon has country music and drinks as well as a dance floor and vintage rodeo memorabilia. Local drink specials are offered every day from 12pm to 2pm at White Elephant.
Bar karaoke near you is available seven nights a week starting at 9pm as well as drink specials from 12pm to 7pm at G Willickers Pub. ll Brothers Grill and Bar serves Southern comfort food and beers and offers pool tables, sports on TV’s, and live music seven days a week from 10am to 2am as well as drink specials until 2am.
Mama Tried Irving’s 5,000 square foot music venue features a spacious patio overlooking Texas Lottery Plaza and 24 flatscreen televisions for sports as well as live country music ranging from bluegrass to classic country hits to outlaw.
You might also want to read our posts on:
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Dallas & Ft Worth
After reading all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available near you. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke in your area.
If you think we got anything incorrect or notice us listing any venues that are no longer open please tell us in the comments so we can keep this info as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Dallas and Ft Worth.