We are will all be diving deep into drinking at the best bars in St Louis over the next few minutes. From a tall glass of beer and a shot of vodka to local drink specials and singing karaoke we are going to try and cover it all.
The best wine and cocktail bars near you will get the ball rolling. Once they have been discussed in full breweries and sports bars to watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts will get a shout out.
Those who want to get the party started right after work or just buy some cheaper drinks will learn about the best drink specials in your area next. After they are out of the way we will move on to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights around town.
Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will wrap this all up. Be sure to check out our St Louis bar map that has every place we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And you are all welcome to compare the scene here to other cities around the Midwest at that link if you want.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Many would agree that the best St Louis cocktail and wine bars are:
- Planter’s House at 1000 Mississippi Ave
- Trust at 401 Pine St
- Small Change at 2800 Indiana Ave
- Lazy Tiger at 210 N Euclid Ave
- The Famous Bar at 5213 Chippewa St
- Scarlett’s Wine Bar at 4253 Laclede Ave
- Novella Wine Bar at 5510 S Kingshighway Blvd
- Brennan’s at 316 N Euclid Ave
- Parker’s Table at 7118 Oakland Ave, Richmond Heights
- Stoogez at 14560 Manchester Rd #28, Ballwin
Trust Bar offers a wide selection of contemporary cocktails as well as a carefully curated wine list and local craft brews.
A carefully curated assortment of 50 small batch spirits, concoctions made from both conventional and novel ingredients, great beers, and wines are all provided at Lazy Tiger.
Numerous international wines, specialty cocktails, and craft beers are offered at Scarlett’s Wine Bar in your area as well as wood oven pizzas, salads, sandwiches, hearty entrees, cheese, and charcuterie plates.
A wide variety of wines, traditional cocktails, craft beers, and spirits as well as some of the best cigar brands are offered at Brennan’s.
Parker’s Table at Oakland & Yale is open from 10am to 6pm Monday through Saturday offering some the best wines and beers in Richmond Heights.
Stoogez is a Three Stooges themed bar that offers cocktails and karaoke in Ballwin.
St Louis Breweries & Sports Bars
You and your buddies will have a great time watching the big game at these local sports bars and breweries:
- 4 Hands Brewing at 1220 S 8th St
- Perennial Artisan Ales at 8125 Michigan Ave
- Wellspent Brewing at 2917 Olive St
- Modern Brewery at 5231 Manchester Ave
- Alpha Brewing at 4310 Fyler Ave
- Amsterdam Tavern at 3175 Morgan Ford Rd
- OB. Clark’s at 1921 S Brentwood Blvd
- Lester’s at 9906 Clayton Rd
- The Over/Under Bar & Grill at 911 Washington Ave
- Friendly’s Sports Bar & Grill at 3503 Roger Pl
- Fallon’s Bar & Grill at 9200 Olive Blvd #116, Olivette
- 1356 Public House at 1356 Big Bend Rd, Ballwin
The 4 Hands Brewing Company produces a wide range of beers and seltzers near you year round as well as a huge selection of seasonal and limited release beverages. They also provide traditional Belgian and French style farmhouse ales and American craft beers.
St Louis bar karaoke nights, monthly themed trivia, weekly Thursday trivia, and many more events are held at The Wellspent Brewing Company.
Many people watch soccer and other sports on the TV’s at Amsterdam Tavern which also has more than 30 domestic beers by the bottle and 17 draft beers. Visit them to drink for cheaper during their liquor specials from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays.
O’B Clark’s has 17 brand new flat panel TV’s, 2 widescreen TV’s, renowned pizzas, and cutting edge taps.
Local alcoholic drink specials last until 6pm on weekdays at The Over/Under Bar and Grill which also features 37 HD TV’s for all sports as well as a 150 inch HD projector.
At Friendly’s Sports Bar and Grill you can watch all your favorite games on 40 enormous TV’s while enjoying lots of entertaining games including pool, Golden Tee, shuffleboard, darts, and skeeball.
Fallon’s Bar & Grill is a family-owned Irish pub in Olivette that is open from 11am to 11pm Tuesday through Saturday serving burgers and other bar fare as well as live music, drink specials, and trivia nights.
Expect to find homemade dishes, 33 craft beers on tap, and more than 40 TV’s at 1356 Public House which is a great sports bar in Ballwin.
Local Drink Specials
There are plenty of good bars with drink specials in your area and you can get great value if you time your visit properly:
- Nick’s Pub at 6001 Manchester Ave
- Soha Bar & Grill at 2605 Hampton Ave
- Syberg’s Gravois at 7802 Gravois Rd
- Llywelyn’s Pub at 1732 S 9th St
- Tower Pub at 3234 Morgan Ford Rd
- Tin Roof at 1000 Clark Ave
- Mezcaleria Las Chupacabres at 25 The Blvd Saint Louis, Richmond Heights
- Chevys at 9119 Olive Blvd, Olivette
- Clancy’s Pub at the Barn at 930 Kehrs Mill Rd, Ballwin
You can watch your favorite sporting events or take advantage of Nick’s Pub’s extensive selection of games and activities including shuffleboard, pool, darts, Golden Tee, buck hunter, and more. They also have drink specials from 4pm to 7pm as well as live music seven days a week.
From 2pm to 6pm Syberg’s provides happy hours plus they host live music from time to time and trivia on Monday nights starting at 7pm.
More than 30 bottle beers and 26 draft beers are available at Llywelyn’s Pub who offers drink specials from 3pm to 6pm and again from 10pm until closing time Sunday through Thursday.
Some of the best local, regional, and touring acts perform live at Tin Roof plus they have happy hours from 2pm to 6pm on weekdays.
Mezcaleria Las Chupacabres serves creative cuisine and expertly prepared cocktails in a pleasant and friendly setting and if you are trying to drink for cheap in Richmond Heights they have good liquor specials.
Chevys offers a vibrant family-friendly atmosphere as well as tequilas, margaritas, and daily happy hours in Olivette from 3pm to 7pm.
Clancy’s Pub at the Barn is a family-owned and operated business that serves delicious food while offering daily drink specials in Ballwin.
We have done our best to mention any time that one of the best bars in St Louis has drink specials in our other lists so don’t just focus on this section.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Check out this list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights near you:
- Handlebar at 4127 Manchester Ave
- The Mack at 4615 Macklind Ave
- Narwhal’s Crafted at 3906 Laclede Ave
- The Hide Away at 5900 Arsenal St
- The Heavy Anchor at 5226 Gravois Ave
- Start Bar at 1000 Spruce St
- Parlor at 4170 Manchester Ave
- Sky Music Lounge at 930 Kehrs Mill Rd #201, Ballwin
Handlebar offers drink specials from 4pm to 6pm on most days and all night on Mondays plus they host karaoke on Wednesdays, trivia on Thursdays at 7pm, and live music on weekends.
The Hide Away is a piano bar offering live music, monthly bingo, and weekly bar trivia in your area.
Start has a mix of classic arcade machines, console games, authentic Skeeball, tournament ready pinball, and even a classic N64.
You can find a dynamic patio, pool table, 5 pinball machines, 5 Skeeball lanes, and over a dozen arcade games at The Parlor.
Sky Music Lounge has live bands on Friday and Saturday nights as well as frequent drink specials and trivia nights in Ballwin.
Some other bars with games near you that we have mentioned in our other sections include Wellspent Brewing Company, Syberg’s, Friendly’s Sports Bar, Fallon’s Bar & Grill, and Nick’s Pub.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
Dance, listen to live music, or sing karaoke at these fun bars around town:
- The Crack Fox at 1114 Olive St
- 1 Nite Stand at 2800 Ohio Ave
- Just John Club at 4112 Manchester Ave
- Stan’s Bar at 5007 Macklind Ave
- Keyper’s Piano Bar at 2280 Jefferson Ave
- The Haunt at 5000 Alaska Ave
1 Nite Stand is a great place for any type of party especially on Friday and Saturday nights when they have karaoke going.
There’s more local bar karaoke on Tuesday and Thursday from 10pm to 2am, dance parties on Friday and Saturday, Jane Wednesdays, and live music during the summer at Just John Club.
You can listen to live music seven nights a week at Keypers Piano Bar who offers discounts on drinks from 2pm to 7pm Monday through Saturday and from 12pm on Sunday.
Other fun bars for STL music lovers include Wellspent Brewing Company, Tin Roof, Handlebar, Syberg’s, Stoogez, Fallon’s Bar, Sky Music Lounge, and The Hideaway who we have linked you to in other sections.
By the way we have also covered the top:
- Bars With Trivia & Quiz Nights In KC
- Bars With Trivia & Quiz Nights In Chicago
- Bars With Trivia & Quiz Nights In Indianapolis
- Bars With Trivia & Quiz Nights In Louisville
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In St Louis
There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you. Hopefully we were able to fill you in on some valuable info that will make your next night out a little better.
Please use the comments to let us know if any spots have closed down or if any new cool places have opened up in your area so that we can keep our lists fresh. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in St Louis.