We will all be diving deep into drinking at the best bars in Grand Rapids over the next few minutes. From a tall glass of beer and a shot of vodka to local drink specials and singing karaoke we are going to try and cover it all.
The best wine and cocktail bars near you will get the ball rolling. Once they have been discussed in full breweries and sports bars to watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts will get a shout out.
Those who want to get the party started right after work or just buy some cheaper drinks will learn about the best drink specials in your area next. After they are out of the way we will move on to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights around town.
Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will wrap this all up. Be sure to check out our Grand Rapids bar map that has every place we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And you are all welcome to compare the scene here to other cities around the region at this link if you want.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Many would agree that the best Grand Rapids cocktail and wine bars are:
- SpeakEZ Lounge at 600 Monroe Ave NW
- Long Road Distillers at 537 Leonard St NW
- Sidebar at 80 Ottawa Ave NW
- House of Winegr at 53 Monroe Center NW
- Cork Wine & Grille at 1600 Galbraith Ave SE
SpeakEZ Lounge offers some unique entrees along with 12 craft beer taps, an outstanding collection of wines by-the-glass, and a reserve bottle list. There are cheaper drink specials in your area at House of Winegr from 11am to 5pm.
Grand Rapids Breweries & Sports Bars
You and your buddies will have a great time watching the big game at these local sports bars and breweries:
- The Mitten Brewing Company at 527 Leonard St NW
- Founders Brewing Co at 235 Grandville Ave SW
- Brewery Vivant at 925 Cherry St SE
- Harmony Brewing Company at 1551 Lake Dr SE
- The Score Restaurant & Sports Bar at 5301 Northland Dr NE
- Z’s Bar & Restaurant at 168 Louis, Campau Promenade NW
- Garage Bar & Grill at 819 Ottawa Ave NW
- Florentine Sports Lounge at 4261 Kalamazoo Ave SE
The Score is a family-friendly sports bar near you with a tasty menu and an outdoor entertainment area with three full-sized beach volleyball courts, a beach sand dining area, palm trees, and live entertainment seven days a week.
Garage Bar has been serving Grand Rapids since the mid-nineteenth century providing American fare, craft beer, and drinks in a relaxed setting with a big bar and a pool table.
Local Drink Specials
There are plenty of good bars with drink specials in your area and you can get great value if you time your visit properly:
- Grnoir at 640 Bridge St NW
- 7 Monks Taproom at 740 Michigan St NE
Visit Grnoir from 5pm to 7pm to buy cheaper drinks near you. 7 Monks Taproom has local drink specials from 4pm to 6pm.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Check out this list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights in Helsinki:
- Geeks Who Drink at 928 Wealthy St SE
- House Rules Lounge at 404 Ionia Ave SW
- Elk Brewing at 700 Wealthy St SE
Geeks Who Drink offers free bar trivia in Grand Rapids on Wednesdays at 7pm. House Rules Lounge’s game store includes a vast assortment of games including new inventory focusing on adult board and party games.
Elk Brewing Company has a selection of board games and some delicious beers to go with them.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
Dance, listen to live music, or sing karaoke at these fun bars around town:
- Twisted Bull at 3230 E Ave SE
- Fulton Street Pub at 801 W Fulton
- Log Cabin at 2401 S Ave
- The Bob at 20 Monroe Ave NW
- Quinn & Tuites at 1535 Plainfield NE
Twisted Bull has local bar karaoke on Monday through Thursday and live bands on Friday and Saturday. Karaoke is available at Fulton Street Pub on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 9pm while also providing games including the Michigan lottery.
Every Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday at 8pm Log Cabin Bar hosts a bar karaoke night in your area and has live music every weekend. Every Friday and Saturday live music is performed at the Bob Bar.
Quinn & Tuites hosts live music every night from 9pm to 10pm with a variety of concerts on Saturday including classic rock, jazz, and blues.
By the way we have also covered:
- Local Drink Specials In Detroit
- Local Drink Specials In Milwaukee
- Local Drink Specials In Chicago
- Local Drink Specials In Toledo
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Grand Rapids
There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you. Hopefully we were able to fill you in on some valuable info that will make your next night out a little better.
Please use the comments to let us know if any spots have closed down or if any new cool places have opened up in your area so that we can keep our lists fresh. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Grand Rapids.