Hopefully you are all ready to go on a deep dive into drinking at the best bars in Detroit. From a tall glass of beer and a shot of vodka to local drink specials and singing karaoke we are going to try and cover it all.
The best wine and cocktail bars near you will get the ball rolling. Once they have been discussed in full breweries and sports bars to watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts will get a shout out.
Those who want to get the party started right after work or just buy some cheaper drinks will learn about the best drink specials in your area next. After they are out of the way we will move on to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights around town.
Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will wrap this all up. Be sure to check out our Detroit bar map that has every place we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And you are all welcome to compare the scene here to other cities around the region at that link if you want.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Many would agree that the best Detroit cocktail and wine bars are:
- The Apparatus Room at 250 W Larned St
- The Sugar House at 2130 Michigan Ave
- Standby at 225 Gratiot Ave
- Chartreuse Kitchen & Cocktails at 15 E Kirby St
- Vivio’s at 3601 Twelve Mile Rd, Warren
- Bora Bora’s at 11650 13 Mile Rd, Warren
- Red Martini at 22229 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Bar Louie at 22269 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Johnny Blacks Public House at 35000 Moravian Dr, Sterling Heights
- Stables Bar at 14950 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia
- Sedona Taphouse at 198 E Big Beaver Rd, Troy
New American fare and craft cocktails are served in an industrial chic setting at The Apparatus Room.
Sugar House offers a seasonal menu of original house cocktails and an extensive spirits list that is highlighted by many hand selected single barrel bourbons and American whiskies.
A diverse selection of alcoholic beverages are available from 5pm to 2am Wednesday through Saturday and until 12am on Sunday at Standby.
Chartreuse Kitchen is open from 5pm to 9pm on Sunday and until 9:30pm Tuesday through Saturday.
High quality cocktails and weekly liquor specials are offered from 11am to 11pm at Vivio’s.
Local drink specials are available from 4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Sunday at Bora Bora’s.
For a couple of good options in Dearborn Red Martini is open every day from 5pm to 2am
Bar Louie provides happy hours in your area from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays.
Johnny Blacks Public House in Sterling Heights is open from 11am to 11pm Monday through Saturday and from 10am on Sunday.
Stables Bar is open seven days a week from 11am to 2am.
You can get half priced bottled wines to go in Troy on Wednesday from 12pm to 5pm at Sedona Taphouse.
Detroit Breweries & Sports Bars
You and your buddies will have a great time watching the big game at these local sports bars and breweries:
- Founders Brewing at 456 Charlotte St
- Batch Brewing at 1400 Porter St
- Motor City Brewing Works at 470 W Canfield St
- Hockeytown Cafe at 2301 Woodward Ave
- Nemos Bar at 1384 Michigan Ave
- Dragonmead Brewery at 14600 E Eleven Mile Rd, Warren
- Kuhnhenn Brewing at 5919 Chicago Rd, Warren
- Biergarten at 22184 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Jamboozies Sports Bar at 42066 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights
- Coach’s Corner at 36000 W Seven Mile Rd, Livonia
- CJ Mahoney’s at 2511 Livernois Rd, Troy
Founders Brewing has a fire pit patio and a hip taproom that offers home brewed beers near you in addition to more drinks and snacks from 11am to 11pm Tuesday through Sunday.
Batch Brewing makes food and homebrewed drinks from scratch and features canned, bottles, and 18 beers on tap.
Motor City Brewing Works serves brick oven pizzas alongside flagship and seasonal beers.
12 beers on tap and light meals as well as widescreen TV’s and Red Wings memorabilia are offered at Hockeytown Café from 5pm to 9pm Tuesday through Thursday and 4pm to 10pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Nemos Bar is open from 11am to 2am daily.
Over 40 different types of beers are sold from 3pm to 10pm Tuesday through Friday and 1pm to 11pm on Saturday at Dragonmead Brewery plus they have local beer specials from 3pm to 7pm.
Pizza, eclectic bar fare, beers, and plenty of TV’s as well as daily drink specials are available at Jamboozies Sports Bar in Sterling Heights.
Coach’s Corner is one of the friendliest neighborhood sports bars in your area with over 150 feet of flat screen televisions plus they offer drink specials from 2pm to 6pm on weekdays and even host golf outings seven days a week.
Over 32 TV’s including some in each booth can be found at CJ Mahoney’s where an extensive American pub menu is also provided from 11am to 2am daily as well as drink specials from 2pm to 6pm on weekdays.
Local Drink Specials
There are plenty of good bars with drink specials in your area and you can get great value if you time your visit properly:
- Second Best at 42 Watson St
- Candy Bar at 1509 Broadway St
- Standby at 225 Gratiot Ave
- Common Pub at 5440 Cass Ave
- LimeLight at 30200 Van Dyke Ave, Warren
- Moose’s Martini at 22217 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Mug Pub at 13839 19 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights
- Black Label at 34110 Plymouth Rd, Livonia
- Grand Tavern at 1317 Coolidge Hwy, Troy
Second Best provides alcoholic drink specials near you from 4pm to 6pm while Standby offers discounts until 6:30pm.
You can get cheaper liquor in Detroit from 4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday at Common Pub.
Limelight has drink specials in Warren from 3pm to 6pm.
Moose Martini’s happy hours in Dearborn last an hour longer.
From 11am to 7pm on weekdays Mug Pub offers discounts on drinks.
Black Label is a good place to drink for cheaper from 2pm to 5pm on weekdays.
Liquor is also cheaper in Troy from 3pm to 6pm on weekdays at Grand Tavern.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Check out this list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights near you:
- Jolly Pumpkin at 441 W Canfield St #9
- McShane at 1460 Michigan Ave
- Checker Bar at 124 Cadillac Square
- Bobcat Bonnie’s at 1800 Michigan Ave
- Tipsy McStaggers at 7280 Twelve Mile Rd, Warren
- Randy’s Bar at 25122 W Warren St, Dearborn
- Gator Jake’s Bar at 36863 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights
- Bench Pub at 33653 Five Mile Rd, Livonia
Jolly Pumpkin hosts local bar trivia every Thursday starting at 7 pm.
From 3pm to 6pm McShane offers discounts on drinks.
Cocktails and beer of the month promos as well as drink specials are available all night long every Thursday at Checker Bar where they also host trivia in Detroit every Wednesday starting at 7:30pm.
Tipsy McStaggers is open at 11am and hosts trivia once a month.
Cajun and Southwestern cuisines and over 32 draft beers are available every day at Gator Jake’s Bar from 11am to 11pm as well as darts, pool, live music, live sports on TV’s, and drink specials until 5pm.
Bench Pub is open from 1am to 2pm on weekdays and from 12am on weekends providing drink specials in Livonia from 3pm to 7pm.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
Dance, listen to live music, or sing karaoke at these fun bars around town:
- Sid Gold’s at 1511 Broadway St
- Northern Lights at 660 W Baltimore St
- Willis Show Bar at 4156 3rd Ave
- Old Miami at 3930 Cass Ave
- Johnny B Good’s at 26230 Groesbeck Hwy, Warren
- 342 Bar at 3932 Pelham St, Dearborn
- Al’s Hideaway Bar at 43126 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights
- Tin Cup Bar at 20500 Newburgh Rd, Livonia
Live piano karaoke at a bar near you is hosted from 9pm to 1am Wednesday through Saturday at Sid Gold’s.
A variety of beers and traditional pub fare as well as DJ and live band nights are offered at Northern Lights Lounge.
Willis Show Bar has nightly entertainment and a variety of live music and DJ’s and you can visit them from 7pm to 1am on Thursday and until 1:45am on Friday and Saturday.
Old Miami is open daily from 12pm to 2am daily.
Lively local karaoke night begins at 9pm on Friday and Saturday at Johnny B Good’s where you can enjoy all of your favorite tunes.
Karaoke nights in Dearborn are hosted every Friday starting at 9pm at 342 Bar which is open from 11am to 2am on weekdays and from 12pm on weekends.
Both Al’s Hideaway Bar and Tin Cup Bar are open every day from 7am to 2am.
By the way we have also covered:
- Bars With Games In Cleveland
- Bars With Games In Grand Rapids
- Bars With Games In Indianapolis
- Bars With Games In Chicago
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Detroit
There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you. Hopefully we were able to fill you in on some valuable info that will make your next night out a little better.
Please use the comments to let us know if any spots have closed down or if any new cool places have opened up in your area so that we can keep our lists fresh. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Detroit.