Drinking at the best bars in Portland is going to be covered in full detail as this post goes along. Some may be searching for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to save money on liquor during local drink special times, or maybe to sing karaoke and either way we will get you sorted out.
We will kick this baby off with the best wine and cocktail bars in Portland. Breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool or throw some darts will get our second section.
The best drink specials at bars near you with cheaper alcohol will come next before we pivot to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area. Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will garner our final section.
Expect to find a local bar map with all these spots pinned on it so you can have a better feel for what venues are closest to your current area at the moment. This region is one that we have written about many times in the past if you are interested in reading more.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
The best cocktail and wine bars in Portland might just be:
- Bar Diane at 2112 NW Irving St #105
- Bar Rione at 804 NW 12th Ave
- Bacchus Bar at 422 SW Broadway
- Noble Rot at 1111 E Burnside St, 4th Floor
- Niche Wine Bar at 900 Washington St #130, Vancouver
- The Grocery Cocktail & Social at 115 W 7th St, Vancouver
- The Low Road at 400 NW Miller Ave, Gresham
- Danu Tasting Room & Wine Bar at 173 NE 3rd Ave #107, Hillsboro
- Coyote’s Bar & Grill at 5301 W Baseline Rd, Hillsboro
- Syndicate Wine Bar at 12620 SW 1st St, Beaverton
Bar Diane offers an extensive wine list, cocktails, small plates, and tasty bites every day from 4pm to 10pm.
Italian small plates are served along with some of the best cocktails and wines in your area at Bar Rione seven days a week from 4:30pm to 10pm.
Bacchus Bar is open from 4pm to 10pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Noble Rot is a good place to go for cocktails, wines, and small plates that you can enjoy with city views and a rooftop garden from 5pm to 10pm Tuesday through Saturday.
The Grocery Cocktail and Social serves handmade food and handcrafted cocktails and even offers local alcoholic drink specials from 2pm to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 4pm on Sunday and Monday.
The Low Road is open from 3pm to 11pm Monday through Thursday and from 12pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Wine flights and discounts as well as light bites, beers on tap, and ciders are available at Danu.
Red, white, sparkling, and house wines as well as 14 beers on tap and daily liquor specials in Hillsboro from 3pm to 6pm are offered at Coyote’s Bar and Grill.
Syndicate specializes in international and local whites and reds, bubble, and dessert wines from 4pm to 8pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Portland Breweries & Sports Bars
Watch the big game with your friends and sample new flavors of beers at the best breweries and sports bars in your area:
- Bridge City Taproom at 620 SE 122nd Ave
- Spirit of 77 at 500 NE MLK Jr Blvd
- McGillacuddy’s Sports Bar & Grill at 11133 NE Halsey St
- Victor 23 Brewing at 2905 St Johns Blvd #3718, Vancouver
- Ghost Runners Brewery & Kitchen at 4216 NE Minnehaha St #108, Vancouver
- Pour Sports Bar & Grill East County at 2157 NE Division St, Gresham
- The Growler Garage at 243 NW Miller Ave, Gresham
- Champions Sports Bar & Grill at 2947 SE 73rd Ave, Hillsboro
- The Dugout at 871 NE 25th Ave, Hillsboro
- Pacific Growlers Taphouse at 11427 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Beaverton
Spirit of 77 is a fun sports bar near you providing arcade games, upscale bar fare, craft beers, and cocktails as well as NFL, SEC, Pac12, BIG10, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, and Premier League games on TV every day from 12pm to 10pm.
There are 36 beers on tap as well as TV’s in each booth at McGillacuddy’s Sports Bar and Grill. Victor 23 is a neighborhood craft brewery and pub in Vancouver providing 23 beers on tap.
16 beers on tap, hard ciders, and wines as well as drink specials from 1:30pm to 4:30pm are offered at Ghost Runners Brewery and Kitchen.
You’ll be able to see your favorite team from wherever you sit at Pour Sports Bar and Grill East County from 7am to 12am daily.
36 types of craft beers on tap, 4 hard ciders, 3 kombucha teas, and 2 wines on tap are provided at The Growler Garage. Champions Sports Bar in Hillsboro has 20 TV’s, 20 beers on tap, craft cocktails, and delectable bar food.
The Dugout has 24 beers and ciders on tap and a wide selection of bottled beverages. 34 rotating taps of beers, ciders, and wines as well as a wide range of bottled and canned beers in Beaverton are available every day from 2pm to 9pm at Pacific Growlers Taphouse.
Local Drink Specials
Save some money buying cheaper alcohol at these bars with drink specials near you:
- Bartini at 2108 NW Glisan St
- Rum Club at 720 SE Sandy Blvd
- Yur’s Bar & Grill at 717 NW 16th Ave
- Shanahan’s Pub & Grill at 209 W McLoughlin Blvd, Vancouver
- Geno’s Grill at 3035 NE Kane Dr, Gresham
- The Front Row Bar & Grill at 7159 NE Imbrie Dr, Hillsboro
- Bootleggers Whiskey Bar at 12424 SW Broadway St, Beaverton
Bartini is open from 4pm to 11pm Sunday through Thursday and until 12pm on Friday and Saturday providing alcoholic drink discounts from 5pm to 6:30pm and again from 9:30pm and 11pm.
Local drink specials are available from 3pm to 5pm on weekdays and all day every Sunday at Rum Club.
Yur’s Bar and Grill provides weekly happy hours from 3pm to 6pm while Shanahan’s Pub and Grill offers is a good place to drink liquor for cheap near you from 4pm to 6pm Monday through Saturday.
Discounts on drinks in Gresham are offered from 11am to 10pm on weekdays and all day every Sunday at Geno’s Grill.
Bootleggers Whiskey Bar is open from 12pm to 8pm on Sunday, 4pm to 11pm Monday through Wednesday, and until 12am on Saturday.
Trivia, Quiz, & Game Nights
There are plenty of bars with local trivia, quiz, and game nights:
- Rose City Book Pub at 1329 NE Fremont St
- McMenamins Broadway Pub at 1504 NE Broadway
- The Eastburn at 1800 E Burnside St
- Doomsday Brewing Safe House at 1919 Main St, Vancouver
- Wildwood Taphouse at 9345 NE Windsor St, Hillsboro
- Malone’s Ale House at 1175 NW 185th Ave, Beaverton
Rose City Book Pub hosts bar trivia in your area every Thursday night from 12pm to 12am.
You can get discounts on drinks from 3pm to 6pm and again from 10pm to 11pm at McMenamins Broadway Pub.
The Eastburn is open every day from 8am to 11pm offering drink specials from 3pm to 5pm.
Trivia nights in Hillsboro along with beer tastings, free beer events, beer-ducation with local breweries, and other fun events are hosted seven days a week from 11am to 11pm at The Wildwood Taphouse.
Malone’s Ale House is a fun sports bar with outdoor seating, pool tables, and traditional bar food that is available from 11am to 12am on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
The Goodfoot from our next list is another good bar with games in Portland.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
These bars are great for dancing, live music, and karaoke:
- The Goodfoot Music, DJs, Art, & Food at 2845 SE Stark St
- Voicebox Karaoke at 734 SE 6th Ave
- Spare Room Restaurant & Lounge at 4830 NE 42nd Ave
- Back Alley Bar & Grill at 6503 E Mill Plain Blvd St D, Vancouver
- 2nd Street Bar at 42 NE 2nd St, Gresham
- Orenco Taphouse at 1198 NE Orenco Station Pkwy, Hillsboro
- Catfish Lou’s at 6540 SW Fallbrook Pl, Beaverton
The Goodfoot Music, DJs, Art, and Food has an upstairs pub with pool, pinball, bar food, and beers on tap, and a basement that hosts live music and they are open from 5pm to 2:30am daily and even offers drink specials from 5pm to 7pm.
Voicebox Karaoke has a flat screen TV, 2 microphones, and a great selection of songs while providing tasty snacks, sakes, and cocktails as well as drink specials from 4pm to 7pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
You can watch live bands and sing local bar karaoke every Thursday night at Spare Room Restaurant and Lounge.
Karaoke is available from 8pm to 1am on Friday and Saturday at Back Alley Bar and Grill.
2nd Street Bar is a good place to go for karaoke in Gresham every Tuesday night starting at 9pm.
Every Saturday from 8pm to 12am Catfish Lou’s hosts karaoke in Beaverton too.
We also have written posts on:
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Seattle
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Vancouver
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In San Francisco
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Oakland
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Portland
Now that you have read all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available in your area. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you.
If you notice us listing any venues that are no longer open or just think we got something wrong please tell us in the comments so this page stays as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Portland.