In this post we will be breaking down drinking at the best bars in Modesto and Stockton. Whether you are looking for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to buy cheaper liquor during drink specials, or just to sing some karaoke hopefully we can assist.
Our first section will cover the best wine and cocktail bars in Modesto and Stockton. Up next we will get into breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts.
Then we will mention some of the best drink specials near you so you can hit up the right bars at the right times to do your drinking cheaper. After that we will discuss bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area.
Lastly we will talk about bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music. Towards the end there will even be a local bar map that pins all of the spots from our various lists on it.
And if you want to compare the scene here to others around the region you can do so at that link.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Some of the top cocktail and wine bars in Modesto and Stockton are:
- Che’root Cigar Lounge at 915 10th St
- The Running Iron at 516 McHenry Ave
- SpeakEasy Lounge at 928 12th St A
- Camp4 Wine at 1508 10th St
- Galletto Ristorante at 101 J St
- AVE On The Mile at 2333 Pacific Ave, Stockton
- Harry’s Cocktail Lounge at 407 E Charter Way, Stockton
You can dance and order cocktails, wines, beers, and other alcoholic beverages and even get drink discounts at SpeakEasy Lounge. Wine tastings and movie nights are offered at Camp4 Wine along with high quality food, wines, cocktails, and beers.
Galletto Ristorante Catering serves wine and cocktails in your area along with entertainment and even hosts small and large scale gatherings. The Vine House offers wine and craft beer discounts Wednesday through Saturday as well as French inspired cuisine with a Californian twist.
AVE On The Mile has terrace seating and serves small plates, cocktails, beers, and wines.
Modesto & Stockton Breweries & Sports Bars
Sample new suds and watch the big game with your friends at the best local breweries and sports bars:
- Persuasion Brewing at 500 7th St
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse at 3401 Dale Rd #483
- The Tap Room Pub and Grub at 3948 Sylvan Ave
- St Stan’s Brewing at 1028 11th St
- Rivets American Grill at 2307 Oakdale Rd
- Buffalo Wings and Rings at 3020 Floyd Ave #601
- Bookies Sports Bar and Lounge at 2020 Standiford Ave #JB
- Valley Brewing Co at 157 W Adams St, Stockton
- Taps Barrel House at 1924 Pacific Ave, Stockton
- Port City Sports Bar & Grill at 222 N El Dorado St, Stockton
- The Establishment at 7931 Thornton Rd A, Stockton
Buffalo Wings and Rings offers tasty food that is tailored to your preferences as well as club level sports experience for you and your friends. A diverse food menu as well as 14 to 16 beers on tap are available at Bookies Sports Bar and Lounge along with 80 inch TV’s where you can watch the big game.
You can also watch sport on TV’s and even listen to live jazz music at Valley Brewing Co while indulging in ales, brews, and Californian cuisine. Taps Barrel House is one of the largest taverns in the region offering 28 constantly rotating handles of local craft beers and much more.
Sunday football, comedy events, bingo, poetry, karaoke, and paint night are all available at Port City Sports Bar and Grill along with special ribs, wings, and beers on tap.
Local Drink Specials
Visit these bars with drink specials near you to buy cheaper alcohol and your wallet will thank you:
- Michael’s Pizza Bar & Grill at 500 N Carpenter Rd
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse at 3401 Dale Rd #483
- Midgley’s Public House at 296 Lincoln Center, Stockton
- Octavio’s at 3201 W Benjamin Holt Dr #155, Stockton
You can get half priced appetizers and one dollar off specialty drinks at Michael’s Pizza Bar and Grill during their happy hours. BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse offers one dollar off draft beers and cocktails as well as half priced wine by the glass and many more great drink discounts in your area.
Midgley’s Public House is a local bar and restaurant specializing in surf ‘n’ turf, American cuisine, and house cocktails. They provide half priced appetizers like pork belly sliders as well as craft beers and house wines every day from 3pm to 6pm.
Octavio’s also has drink discounts for tacos, tequila, and craft beers from 3pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday. Don’t forget that you can also buy cheaper drinks in your area at SpeakEasy Lounge and The Vine House from our initial cocktail and wine bars list during their happy hours too.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Here is a good list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights in Modesto and Stockton:
- St Stans’s at 1028 11th St
- Blaker Brewing at 1063 Montclaire Dr Ceres
- Windmill Cove Bar & Grill at 7600 Windmill Cove Rd, Stockton
- Finnegan’s Irish Pub & Restaurant at 6002 Pacific Ave, Stockton
- The Partisan at 432 W Main St, Merced
You can play games with your family or beer pong with your friends at St Stans’s every Tuesday. Blaker Brewing serves quality beers and hosts local bar trivia on Wednesday nights from 4pm to 11pm.
Many people enjoy the pub quizzes near you on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm as well as the live music at Pub Windmill Cove Bar and Grill where burgers, wings, and other American favorites are served.
Finnegan’s Irish Pub and Restaurant welcomes everyone from 11am to 9pm and hosts pub trivia nights on Monday, taco and karaoke nights on Tuesday, open mic nights on Wednesday, and college nights on Thursday.
The Partisan has trivia nights in Merced every Wednesday at 7:30pm.
Dance, Karaoke & Live Music
Anyone that wants to dance, listen to live music, and sing karaoke can head to:
- Crocodiles Nightclub at 1745 Prescott Rd
- Santo Cielo Bar Restaurant Night Club at 917 J St
- Paradise Nightclub at 10114 Lower Sacramento Rd, Stockton
- Koe’s Bar at 10200 N Hwy 99, Stockton
- Kewl Cats at 1111 Motel Dr, Merced
For over 60 years Crocodiles Nightclub has been featuring some of the best music to dance to in town.
Santa Cielo has banda nights every Friday and Saturday where DJ’s play a wide range of cool music. They also host special events and provide dance nights featuring Tejano, pop, and Spanish mash ups.
Paradise is a laid back nightclub with a huge dance floor and pool tables. Kewlcats provides one of the best bar karaoke experiences near you every week with DJ’s on Friday and live bands on Saturday nights.
Other places mentioned throughout the post offering dance, karaoke, and live music in Modesto and Stockton include SpeakEasy Lounge, Galletto Ristorante Catering, Valley Brewing Co, Port City Sports Bar and Grill, Pub Windmill Cove Bar and Grill, and Finnegan’s Irish Pub and Restaurant.
You might also want to read our posts on:
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Sacramento
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Oakland
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In San Jose
- Quiz & Trivia Nights In Fresno
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Modesto & Stockton
After reading all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available near you. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke in your area.
If you think we got anything incorrect or notice us listing any venues that are no longer open please tell us in the comments so we can keep this info as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Modesto and Stockton.