Thanks for joining us as we all dive deep into drinking at the best bars in Madrid. From a tall glass of beer and a shot of vodka to drink specials and singing karaoke we are going to try and cover it all.
The best wine and cocktail bars near you will get the ball rolling. Once they have been discussed in full breweries and sports bars to watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts will get a shout out.
Those who want to get the party started right after work or just buy some cheaper drinks will learn about the best drink specials in your area next. After they are out of the way we will move on to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights around town.
Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will wrap this all up. Be sure to check out our Madrid bar map that has every place we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And for more of our local bar guides for Spain you can check out that link.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Many would agree that the best Madrid cocktail and wine bars are:
- Winebar at Calle de la Palma, 76
- Baton Rouge Cocktail Bar at Calle de la Victoria, 8
- La Villana at Calle del Padre Damián, 37
- Macera Taller Bar at Calle de San Mateo, 21
- 47 Cocktail Bar at Calle de la Cava Baja, 47
- Vinoteca Vides at Calle de la Libertad, 12
- Glass Bar at Carrera de San Jerónimo 34
- LoBbyto at Calle de Echegaray 8
- 47 Cocktail Bar at Calle Cava Baja 47
- Gin Club at Calle de la Reina 16
- Farándula at Calle de Menorca 25
Along with a curated food menu Baton Rouge Cocktail Bar also offers a variety of craft cocktails, 250 spirits, and all kinds of liqueurs in your area.
More than 40 different cocktails including classic, tiki, signature, and non alcoholics as well as 50 different gins, preserves, Iberian ham, cheeses, and pâtés are all available at La Villana.
Vinoteca Vides offers 125 wines near you from 65 different grape varieties and 72 different DO’s which are also available for samples.
For a modern space offering a wide array of cocktails that is open every day from 6pm to 2am head to Glass Bar.
LoBbyto is a blend of tradition and innovation with a carefully curated list of wines and champagnes, limited edition liqueurs, and a quick bites menu featuring traditional dishes.
Gin Club offers over 40 gin brands paired with their own garnishes and a great music selection.
If you want to drink at a cocktail bar with a soundtrack that ranges from jazz to 90’s to modern sounds visit Farándula.
Madrid Breweries & Sports Bars
You and your buddies will have a great time watching the big game at these local sports bars and breweries:
- La Ofi at Calle del Limón, 12
- The Irish Rover at Av. de Brasil, 7
- Champions Bar at Av. de Aragón, 400
- James Joyce Irish Pub Madrid at Calle de Alcalá, 59
- Beerhouse Craftbeer Bar at Calle del Cardenal Cisneros, 16
- Taproom Madrid at Calle de Guzmán el Bueno, 52
- Beerhouse at Calle del Cardenal Cisneros 16
- Pool & Beer at Calle de Joaquín María López 19
- Oso Brew Co at La Osita Cava Baja 10
- James Joyce Irish Pub at Calle de Alcalá 59
Exquisite wines from winemakers are served at La Ofi where they also feature every football, music, and movie sessions on a large screen.
The Irish Rover can accommodate 425 customers and offers special menus and cocktails along with video projectors and more than 10 screens.
You can find a gigantic 70 inch TV and 9 other TV’s scattered throughout James Joyce Irish Pub which is a great Madrid sports bar that also features live music, events, beers, spirits, wines, and cocktails.
From the traditional Soup IPA to some of the newest releases Beerhouse offers you lots of beer options along with 4 live sports screens and finger foods.
There are 12 taps and over 100 bottles available at Beerhouse which is a great place to watch sports while enjoying your drink.
Pool & Beer has a wide selection of draft and bottled beers, 1 pool table, 2 dart boards, and a large screen tuned to sports.
Oso Brew Co is always fresh and on tap plus they have guest lines of tasty craft beer, whiskies, gins, and wines.
Draught beers, a great selection of spirits and cocktails, live sports on TV, and live music are all available at James Joyce Irish Pub.
Local Drink Specials
There are plenty of good bars with drink specials in your area and you can get great value if you time your visit properly:
- Bodega de la Ardosa at Calle de Colón, 13
- El Imperfecto at Pl. de Matute, 2
- Gin Club at Calle de la Reina, 16
- Del Diego Cocktail Bar at Calle de la Reina, 12
- 1862 Dry Bar at Calle del Pez, 27
- Salmon Guru at Calle de Echegaray, 21
- The Irish Rover at Avda de Brasil, 7
More than 40 different gin brands each with its own set of garnishes are available at Ginclub.
The Irish Rover has a wine and food menu with delicious homemade dishes plus you can also enjoy their DJ’s, sports broadcasts, trivia nights, and drink specials.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Check out this list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights near you:
- Triskel Tavern at Corre. Alta de San Pablo, 20
- Twist & Shout Bar at Calle de San Bartolomé, 22
- Next Level at Calle de Tudescos 4
Every Thursday night Twist and Shout hosts bar trivia in Madrid with bilingual questions.
Next Level is a themed bar with arcade machines, classic and current music, national and imported beers, ciders, and cocktails set in a 1980’s and 90’s theme.
The Irish Rover, James Joyce Irish Pub, and Karaoke Decibelios also arrange local trivia, quiz, or game nights in Madrid.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
Dance, listen to live music, or sing karaoke at these fun bars around town:
- Karaoke Duarciñan at Calle de Paradinas, 1
- Bam Karaoke Box Recoletos at Calle de Recoletos, 23, Planta Baja
- Honky Tonk Bar Room at Calle de Covarrubias, 24
- Blackbird Rock Bar at Calle de las Huertas, 22
- Ayuyang Karaoke Bar at Pl. Castilla, 3
- Moe at Av. de Alberto de Alcocer, 32
- Bátelo Karaoke at Calle del Infante 8
- Karaoke Decibelios at Calle General Pardiñas 112
- Karaoke En-tono at Calle del Pintor Juan Gris 4
Bam Karaoke Box Recoletos has a mouthwatering snack menu, various house cocktails, and private rooms.
You can listen to live local music every day featuring genres like blues, soul, and country at Blackbird Rock Bar.
Bátelo Karaoke welcomes everyone to sing, dance, and have fun and they offer a wide variety of drinks and cocktails whether you prefer beer, wine, spirits or non-alcoholic beverages.
There are over 30,000 songs and four microphones for singing at Karaoke Decibelios who has daily happy hours, billiards tables, table football, and darts.
Karaoke En-tono is a bar where you can drink, sing songs, dance, relax, celebrate, and watch live performances.
Don’t forget that there are other fun bars for music lovers in your area like La Ofi or James Joyce Irish Pub who we linked you to earlier.
By the way we have also covered:
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Madrid
There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you. Hopefully we were able to fill you in on some valuable info that will make your next night out a little better.
Please use the comments to let us know if any spots have closed down or if any new cool places have opened up in your area so that we can keep our lists fresh. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Madrid.