If you are looking for info on the best bars in Los Angeles to grab a drink right now we have you covered. From a tall glass of beer and a shot of vodka to local drink specials and singing karaoke it will all be broken down in detail.
The best wine and cocktail bars near you will get the ball rolling. Once they have been discussed in full breweries and sports bars to watch the big game or maybe play some pool and throw some darts will get a shout out.
Those who want to get the party started right after work or just buy some cheaper drinks will learn about the best drink specials in your area next. After they are out of the way we will move on to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights around town.
Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will wrap this all up. Be sure to check out our Los Angeles bar map that has every place we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And you are all welcome to compare the scene here to other cities around the Southwest at that link if you want.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
Many would agree that the best Los Angeles cocktail and wine bars are:
- Covell at 4628 Hollywood Blvd
- The Roger Room at 370 La Cienega Blvd
- Apotheke LA at 1746 N Spring St
- Oriel Chinatown at 1135 N Alameda St
- Willmore Wine Bar at 3848 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach
- The Ordinarie at 210 The Promenade N, Long Beach
- Bobby V’s Cocktails at 10624 Katella Ave, Anaheim
- Make at 500 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim
- The Blind Rabbit at 440 S Anaheim Blvd #104, Anaheim
- Center Hub at Trade at 2222 Michelson Dr #220, Irvine
- Hive & Honey Rooftop Bar at 7905 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine
- The Craftsman Bar & Kitchen at 119 Broadway, Santa Monica
- Bodega Wine Bar at 814 Broadway, Santa Monica
Covell serves wines by the glass, craft beers, and light bites from 4pm to 12am weekdays and from 12pm on weekends.
Trendy upscale cocktails in your area are served from 6pm to 2am on weekdays, from 7pm on Saturday, and from 8pm on Sunday at The Roger Room.
Apotheke LA’s mixologists create complex cocktails using homemade ingredients, organic produce, herbs, and botanicals.
Sparkling, champagne, rose, orange, white, and red wines are served alongside traditional French bites from 5pm to 9pm Tuesday through Thursday and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday at Oriel Chinatown.
Willmore Wine Bar offers tasting flights and bottles for purchase as well as beers and platters.
The Ordinarie specializes in hearty American fare, beers, wines, cocktails, bourbons, ryes, Irish Scotch, and Japanese whiskeys that you can enjoy for cheaper during their drink specials in Long Beach from 3pm to 6pm on weekdays.
Drink specials in Anaheim are available from 8am to 2pm on weekdays and 11am to 3pm on weekends at Bobby V’s Cocktails.
Inventive cocktails and elevated American bar food are served from 5pm to 10pm Sunday through Tuesday and until 11pm Wednesday through Saturday at The Blind Rabbit.
Center Hub is open from 11:30am to 6pm providing a wide selection of white and red wines in Irvine as well as cocktails and homebrewed beers from Lost Coast Brewery.
Hive and Honey is a rooftop bar where craft cocktails and creative bites shine against a backdrop of panoramic views.
Handcrafted cocktails, tasty burgers, famous tater tots, and some of the best happy hours in Santa Monica are offered at The Craftsman Bar and Kitchen.
You can mix and match wines, beers, and soju cocktails along with pizzas and small bites from 8am to 10pm at Bodega Wine Bar.
Los Angeles Breweries & Sports Bars
You and your buddies will have a great time watching the big game at these local sports bars and breweries:
- The Pub at Golden Road at 5410 W San Fernando Rd
- LAces Bar at 125 N Western Ave #108
- Berkshire House at 143 N La Brea Ave
- Homebound Brew Haus at 800 N Alameda St
- Roundin’ 3rd Sports Bar & Grill at 4133 E Anaheim St, Long Beach
- Dutch’s Brewhouse at 4244 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach
- Baddeley’s Pourhouse Sports Bar at 3348 E Broadway, Long Beach
- Phantom Ales at 1211 N Las Brisas St, Anaheim
- Lopez & Lefty’s at 1759 S Claudina Way, Anaheim
- Keno’s Sports Bar at 2661 W La Palma Ave, Anaheim
- Back Street Brewery at 14450 Culver Dr, Irvine
- K1 Paddock Sports Bar at 17221 Von Karman Ave #6201, Irvine
- Barney’s Beanery at 1351 3rd St Promenade, Santa Monica
- The Dudes’ Brewing Co. at 395 Santa Monica Pl #304, Santa Monica
LAces Bar’s menu includes 15 draft and undrafted beers, spirits, and cocktails and they also offer drink specials in your area from 5pm to 7pm on weekdays.
You can watch your favorite sporting events on one of Berkshire House’s televisions while eating New York style pizza from 5pm to 1:30am on weekdays and from 12pm on weekends.
Homebound Brew Haus provides about 12 beers on tap from 12pm to 10pm as well as liquor specials from 3pm to 8pm.
Over 25 HDTV’s and 11 beers on tap can be found at Roundin’ 3rd Sports Bar and Grill in Long Beach.
You can try making your own craft beer at Dutch’s Brewhouse where they also offer about 12 different handcrafted options on tap that are loved by many locals.
Every day from 12pm to 2am Baddeley’s Pourhouse broadcasts sporting events on TV’s.
There are 10 beers on tap as well as ciders, wines, homebrewing supplies, and American comfort foods at Phantom Ales.
Lopez and Lefty’s full surf themed bar in Anaheim includes a large selection of draft beers, micro brews, seltzers, wines, vodkas, gins, tequilas, rums, whiskeys, and other premium liquors plus they have a patio, sports on TV’s, and Mexican inspired grub every day as well as happy hours from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays.
Local alcoholic drink specials are available from 9am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm on weekdays as well as American pub food, beers on tap, and sports on TV’s at Keno’s Sports Bar.
Back Street is a craft brewery in Irvine specializing in ales and lagers and offers 15 beers on tap as well as drink specials from 3:30pm to 6pm.
Barney’s Beanery is a great sports bar in Santa Monica to watch the games while choosing from over 40 draft beers on tap. They host bar trivia near you every Tuesday night starting at 9pm and provide drink specials from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays.
The Dudes’ Brewing Co excels at providing a rotating selection of wines, ciders, and seasonal and experimental beers as well as scratch made Neapolitan style pizza and small bites from 12pm to 8pm Thursday through Sunday.
Local Drink Specials
There are plenty of good bars with drink specials in your area and you can get great value if you time your visit properly:
- Beelman’s at 600 S Spring St
- The Little Bar at 757 S S La Brea Ave
- Padre at 525 E Broadway, Long Beach
- Dogz Bar & Grill at 5300 2nd St, Long Beach
- The Front Room Lounge at 1700 Harbor Blvd, Anaheim
- Pour Vida Tortillas & Taps at 215 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim
- Eureka at 4143 Campus Dr, Irvine
- Cabo Cantina at 1240 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica
- O’Briens Irish Pub at 2226 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
Beelman’s provides some of the best drink specials in your area from 2pm to 6pm on weekdays while The Little Bar offers liquor discounts from 2pm to 8pm.
Both Padre and Dogz Bar and Grill offer discounts on alcoholic drinks every day from 4pm to 7pm.
You can save money when the drinks are cheaper from 3pm to 6pm at The Front Room Lounge.
Pour Vida Tortillas and Taps provides happy hours in Anaheim from 3pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday.
You can also drink cheaper alcohol from 3pm to 6pm on weekdays at Eureka.
Cabo Cantina has local drink specials from 4pm to 8pm and again from 10:30pm to 12:30am.
We have tried to mention all of the other LA liquor specials at bars in other lists whenever we can.
Trivia, Quiz & Game Nights
Check out this list of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights near you:
- The Red Lion Tavern at 2366 Glendale Blvd
- The Garage on Motor Ave at 3387 Motor Ave
- The Firkin Pub & Grill at 3411 E Broadway, Long Beach
- Gallagher’s Pub & Grill at 2751 E Broadway, Long Beach
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co at 321 W Katella Ave #101, Anaheim
- Left Coast Brewing Distillery Smokehouse at 6652 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine
- Hangar 24 Orange County at 17877 Von Karman Ave #110, Irvine
- LA Draught at 3021 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica
- Busby’s West at 3110 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica
The Red Lion Tavern offers drink specials from 12pm to 6pm and hosts a fun bar trivia near you on Monday nights from 8pm to 10pm.
Over 20 craft beers on tap, 30 TV’s, and a patio can be found at The Garage on Motor where they offer drink specials from 4pm to 7pm and host trivia every Wednesday starting at 8:30pm.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co sells cheaper drinks from 3pm to 6pm on weekdays.
Trivia is hosted on Wednesday nights at Left Coast Brewing Distillery Smokehouse starting at 7pm.
LA Draught’s local bar trivia on Tuesday night begins at 7:30pm.
You can get discounts on drinks from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays at Busby’s West.
Barney’s Beanery who we mentioned before is also a good spot for bar quiz nights in LA.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
Dance, listen to live music, or sing karaoke at these fun bars around town:
- Lounge Ohjah at 328 E 1st St 2nd Fl
- Break Room 86 at 630 S Ardmore Ave
- Gaslamp Music + Bar + Kitchen at 6251 E PCH, Long Beach
- The Stache Bar at 941 E 4th St, Long Beach
- House of Blues at 400 Disney Way #337, Anaheim
- Xalos Event Center at 480 N Glassell St, Anaheim
- Plush Karaoke Lounge at 2710 Alton Pkwy # 203, Irvine
- Bistango at 19100 Von Karman Ave, Irvine
- Gas Lite at 2030 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
- TR!P at 2101 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica
Lounge Ohjah hosts bar karaoke in Los Angeles from 8:30pm to 1:30am Monday through Saturday.
Break Room 86 is open from 9pm to 2am Tuesday through Saturday.
There is live music in Long Beach every Sunday and drink specials from 5pm to 7pm Wednesday through Friday at Gaslamp Music + Bar + Kitchen.
The Stache Bar features regular DJ sets, live music, karaoke, and a menu of artisanal cocktails and craft beers seven days a week starting at 12pm.
The House of Blues is open from 5pm to 9pm on Thursday and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday.
Light shows and live music in your area take place until 2am at Xalos Event Center.
Plush Karaoke Lounge in Irvine has private rooms and offers a large selection of English, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Thai, Indonesian, Russian, and Spanish songs in addition to serving pizza, beers, and sakes.
New American fare and drinks as well as dance parties and live entertainment are all available at Bistango.
The Gas Lite is your one stop party spot for friendly libations, nightclub sensation, and world famous karaoke in Santa Monica seven days a week.
Live music and weekly shows are hosted from 12pm to 12am daily at TR! P Santa Monica.
By the way we have also covered the top:
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Los Angeles
There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you. Hopefully we were able to fill you in on some valuable info that will make your next night out a little better.
Please use the comments to let us know if any spots have closed down or if any new cool places have opened up in your area so that we can keep our lists fresh. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Los Angeles.