Drinking at the best bars in Ottawa and Gatineau is going to be covered in full detail as this post goes along. Some may be searching for a tall glass of beer, a shot of vodka, to save money on liquor during local drink special times, or maybe to sing karaoke and either way we will get you sorted out.
We will kick this baby off with the best wine and cocktail bars in Ottawa and Gatineau. Breweries and sports bars where you can watch the big game or maybe play some pool or throw some darts will get our second section.
The best drink specials at bars near you with cheaper alcohol will come next before we pivot to bars with trivia, quiz, and/or game nights in your area. Bars for dancing, karaoke, and to listen to live music will garner our final section.
Expect to find a local bar map with all these spots pinned on it so you can have a better feel for what venues are closest to your current area at the moment. All of our posts on where to drink beer and liquor in Canada can be found right there if you are curious.
Cocktail & Wine Bars
The best cocktail and wine bars in Ottawa and Gatineau might just be:
- The Moonroom at 442 Preston St
- Copper Spirits & Sights at 325 Dalhousie St
- Rabbit Hole at 208 Sparks St
- Bar Lucy at 111 York St
- The Albion Rooms at 33 Nicholas St
- Ou Quoi at 48 Rue Laval, Gatineau
- Minotaure at 3 Rue Kent, Gatineau
- Shaker at 1100 Bd Maloney O #73, Gatineau
The Moonroom is a fun cocktail bar serving creative mixed drinks and Mediterranean bar snacks. There are DJ’s on weekends as well as high quality cocktails at Copper Spirits and Sights.
Rabbit Hole is a fine place to try handmade cocktails near you along with inventive bistro fare and pizzas. Specialty drinks, beers, wines, and light bites are served at Bar Lucy.
Ou Quoi features outside seating and serves creative cocktails as well as local beers while Minotaure offers cocktails along with arcade games and live entertainment.
Ottawa & Gatineau Breweries & Sports Bars
Watch the big game with your friends and sample new flavors of beers at the best breweries and sports bars in your area:
- Flora Hall Brewing at 37 Flora St
- Beyond the Pale Brewing Company at 250 City Centre Ave #106
- Tooth & Nail Brewing Company at 3 Irving Ave
- Dominion City Brewing Co. at 5510 Canotek #15
- 3 Brewers Sparks at 240 Sparks St #C215
- The Prescott at 379 Preston St
- Hometown Sports Grill at 1525 Bank St
- The Senate Tavern on Clarence at 33 Clarence St
- Tailgators at 1642 Merivale Rd
- MacLaren’s on Elgin at 301 Elgin St
- BDT Les Brasseurs du Temps at 170 Rue Montcalm, Gatineau
- Brasserie Gainsbourg Microbrasserie at 9 Rue Aubry, Gatineau
- Brasserie du Bas Canada at 455 Blvd de la Gappe, Gatineau
- 5e Baron Microbrasserie at 55 Principale St, Gatineau
- La Cage at 325 Blvd Gréber, Gatineau
- Le Pêle-Mêle at 47 Rue Laval, Gatineau
- Bar-Billard Terminus at 84C Rue Jean-Proulx, Gatineau
- Flixx Billard at 51 Rue Court, Gatineau
A unique range of quality craft beers is available at Flora Hall Brewing. Beyond the Pale Brewing Company has a large terrace and tasting room and offers a wide selection of top quality craft beers. There are also fine servings of local craft beers, sandwiches, snacks, and much more at Tooth and Nail Brewing Company.
The Prescott is known for its one of a kind square pizzas, meatball sandwiches, and spaghetti dishes. Hometown Sports Grill offers booths, banquettes, multiple TV screens, catering services, and even hosts parties.
You can watch sports events on TV’s at The Senate Tavern on Clarence where quality Canadian pub cuisine and draft beers are served. Tailgators is one of the best sports bars in your area offering traditional bar fare as well as billiards, foosball tables, and plenty of TV’s. A wide variety of food and drinks including pizza and ribs are available at MacLaren’s on Elgin along with a large billiard room.
BDT Les Brasseurs du Temps serves traditional bar meals, fresh beers that are brewed on site, and exquisite drink flights. Delicious burgers and fresh beers are offered along with live music at Brasserie Gainsbourg Microbrasserie.
Bar Billard Terminus provides great pub food and drinks and even features pool tables, dart boards, and televisions. You can also enjoy tabletop games at a bar in Gatineau including billiards and ping pong or listen to live music at Flixx Billard.
Local Drink Specials
Save some money buying cheaper alcohol at these bars with drink specials near you:
- St. Louis Bar & Grill at 399 Elgin St #2
- Local Heroes at 1400 Clyde Ave
- Local Public Eatery at 825 Exhibition Way #107
- The Royal Oak at 180 Kent St
Local Heroes offer wings, nachos, and lots more and probably could have gone in our Ottawa sports bars list but they also have some good drink specials so we put them here.
There are 20 beers on tap, pub grub, artisan beverages, and exuberant cocktails at Local Public Eatery as well as games and indoor patio.
Trivia, Quiz, & Game Nights
There are plenty of bars with trivia, quiz, and game nights:
- Level One Game Pub at 14 Waller St
- Pour Boy at 495 Somerset St W
Level One Game Pub offers a variety of appetizers, beers, and other beverages as well as hundreds of games for you to play. Pour Boy hosts a variety of events including local bar trivia, bingo, comedy, and music nights along with specialty beers, pub fare, and sports on television.
The Royal Oak from our best drink specials near you list has trivia nights too.
Dance, Karaoke, & Live Music
These bars are great for dancing, live music, and karaoke:
- Chateau Lafayette at 42 York St
- Heart & Crown at 67 Clarence St
- The Lookout Bar at 41 York St
- The Rainbow Bistro at 76 Murray St
- Atomic Rooster at 303 Bank St
- Pub 101 at 101 York St
Chateau Lafayette has been serving good food and featuring live music since 1848. For more than 30 years Heart and Crown has been providing some of the best live entertainment as well as a large selection of local and international beers, wines, and spirits.
The Lookout is a lively gay bar hosting drag shows and karaoke evenings. Live blues music and beverages are offered at The Rainbow Bistro. Pub 101 is a laid back bar with a terrace and hosts bar karaoke and comedy shows.
We also have written posts on:
Have Fun Drinking At The Best Bars In Ottawa & Gatineau
Now that you have read all of that you should have a much better understanding of what is available in your area. There are plenty of local wine and cocktail bars, breweries to watch sports at, places with good drink specials to save money, trivia, quiz, and game nights, as well as bars to listen to live music, dance, and sing karaoke near you.
If you notice us listing any venues that are no longer open or just think we got something wrong please tell us in the comments so this page stays as up to date as possible. Now go have fun drinking at the best bars in Ottawa and Gatineau.